Potential release date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukeramsay

So with Namm around the corner... Are we all thinking the same?
Needs to happen soon or at least a legitimate update on release!

:roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll

So with Namm around the corner... Are we all thinking the same?
I doubt it... Cliff doesn't seem like the type to wait for an industry thing like NAMM for products, or rush things to meet that yearly "deadline".
Needs to happen soon or at least a legitimate update on release!

:roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll
Why does it "need" to happen, and why are we due an update? It'll be out when it's out. At least we know it's a real thing and in the capable hands of FAS. It'll be released when they feel it's ready... and I'm sure we'll all know once that's done!

It is slated for Q1 of 2015. No one owes you anything. You can choose to buy or not buy. If you aren't on the waiting list ,the release date won't matter as you'll have a long wait there after anyway.

I am attempting to play some tunes on my guitar every time I find myself Jonesing for an FX8. Getting better at the guitar thing.

It is slated for Q1 of 2015. No one owes you anything. You can choose to buy or not buy. If you aren't on the waiting list ,the release date won't matter as you'll have a long wait there after anyway.

I would agree with this, except for the fact that FAS began to "owe" (a strong term) its customers (potential or otherwise) something, when they advertised that a product would be available in 2014, backed out on that, and then said it would be Q1 2015.

At best it is bad business, at worst it is dishonest. Why would they be dishonest, you might ask? Because FAS may want to cut sales off from their competitors earlier than they would have if they would have actually released the product. For instance, I saw early on that people were between a TC G system and the FX8. For each and every one of those people, it would be in FAS interest to "get them on the hook" and induce them not to buy a G-System by telling them that the FX8 would be out earlier than they knew it would be. This sort of thing is shocking, I know (ha). Now, I'm in no way saying that FAS is doing this, just presenting a hypothetical of why they might, and explainging why one might say they are "owed" something when someone makes an "offer" (though that's not exactly the right word, either).

I know that people want to believe that people producing great products are angels, but that's not always the case. I've never met Cliff or any of the FAS guys, but I have received an unwarrantedly threatening email from a FAS employee, so I know they're not all perfect people at FAS, though the rest of them may very well be.

I've meet Cliff three times, Matt twice, been to their shop once and spoke on the phone with others twice with no issues. I believe the delays are to ensure the product lands properly. We all saw how the iPhone 6+ issue blew up over a minuscule amount of problems. FAS wants to leading, not bleeding, edge.

Now, I'm in no way saying that FAS is doing this, just presenting a hypothetical of why they might, and explainging why one might say they are "owed" something when someone makes an "offer" (though that's not exactly the right word, either).
FAS has a long history of not playing that kind of game.

I would agree with this, except for the fact that FAS began to "owe" (a strong term) its customers (potential or otherwise) something, when they advertised that a product would be available in 2014, backed out on that, and then said it would be Q1 2015.

At best it is bad business, at worst it is dishonest. Why would they be dishonest, you might ask? Because FAS may want to cut sales off from their competitors earlier than they would have if they would have actually released the product. For instance, I saw early on that people were between a TC G system and the FX8. For each and every one of those people, it would be in FAS interest to "get them on the hook" and induce them not to buy a G-System by telling them that the FX8 would be out earlier than they knew it would be. This sort of thing is shocking, I know (ha). Now, I'm in no way saying that FAS is doing this, just presenting a hypothetical of why they might, and explainging why one might say they are "owed" something when someone makes an "offer" (though that's not exactly the right word, either).

I know that people want to believe that people producing great products are angels, but that's not always the case. I've never met Cliff or any of the FAS guys, but I have received an unwarrantedly threatening email from a FAS employee, so I know they're not all perfect people at FAS, though the rest of them may very well be.

Nice first post. It's ridiculous that so many people think they're entitled to this stuff and get all bent out of shape when release dates get pushed out speculating that there are nefarious intentions are behind every words. They decided they weren't ready to ship for whatever reason so they pushed out production. It happens all the time in every line of business.

None of this guitar gear is a necessity. It isn't food or water. If you have to have an effects processor now, buy something else. If you can wait then you have the option to get an FX8. And even if they started shipping in 2014, who knows how long the wait list is and what the production timing is.

Lighten up, Francis.

tumblr_mfznecyUqi1r3ovdbo1_400.gif

:D

That is exactly why I have bought a G-System now. I sold the AXE FX2 because I felt it beeing tooo digital. I will compare the FX8 with the G-System but from my experience - dont be tooo impatient - it will still take a Long Long time till the fx8 will be realesed.

Yes I also Agree that Cliff is a dedicated man to his ideas - but: he is still an (american) Business man - never do Forget!!!
I think I can remember somebody recognizing the advertismement of the FX 2 with a new Firmware (16 or 17) in the magazines when it was NOT even available here for customers.
Even angels can Change (read the bible)......

Last edited:
Yes I also Agree that Cliff is a dedicated man to his ideas - but: he is still an (american) Business man - never do Forget!!!
While we're thinking along those lines, consider this: there's already a substantial waiting list for the FX8. Any that came available would be sold immediately. The businessman (American in this case, though it makes no difference) has a financial motivation to release them as soon they can be made available. A less-scrupulous businessman would release them before they were ready.

No one raises an eyebrow when other businesses take pre-orders for a product that doesn't even exist yet. The FX8 is already in beta testing, and no customer has been asked for a penny.

While we're thinking along those lines, consider this: there's already a substantial waiting list for the FX8. Any that came available would be sold immediately. The businessman (American in this case, though it makes no difference) has a financial motivation to release them as soon they can be made available. A less-scrupulous businessman would release them before they were ready.

No one raises an eyebrow when other businesses take pre-orders for a product that doesn't even exist yet. The FX8 is already in beta testing, and no customer has been asked for a penny.

I see we can agree that it is all about Business - thats all I wanted to say

I see we can agree that it is all about Business - thats all I wanted to say
That's not what I said. If it were all about business, my brother, you'd see a lesser product, sold at a lower price at many times the quantity, with maybe one or two updates instead of the 88 we've been given so far, and any customer wish list would be largely ignored, as it is among Fractal's competitors.

I think I can remember somebody recognizing the advertismement of the FX 2 with a new Firmware (16 or 17) in the magazines when it was NOT even available here for customers.
Even angels can Change (read the bible)......

First, advertising has lead time, often months. They might have thought they'd be at that firmware version by the proposed periodical release date, but some glitch caused a delay.

Secondly, it's total BS come to someone's webpage, to accuse them of something you can't even remember, but none the less, puts their character in play. Talk about hypocritical.

First, advertising has lead time, often months. They might have thought they'd be at that firmware version by the proposed periodical release date, but some glitch caused a delay.

Secondly, it's total BS come to someone's webpage, to accuse them of something you can't even remember, but none the less, puts their character in play. Talk about hypocritical.

Why should I be interested in accusing??? I have owned an axe fx myself so I know this Forum for a Long time.

And I also know that some members here behave like having been brainwashed.

With just 5 Minutes of searching in this forum I found this:

"Latest AFXII advertisement in UK Guitarist ...

... I was amazed to see a working software editor being the focal point of an AFXII advert in the latest edition of Guitarist magazine in the UK. I've been, and will continue to be, as patient as the next person but it feels a little misleading"

It is not what I remembered, but please just be realisitic.......the world is as it is, not as we would like it to be.

I´m giving up.....

Last edited:
Editor? Are you serious? That's was YEARS ago and the problems well documented.

Wow, the amount of people and their sense of entitlement in this day and age just baffles me to no end.

It's like reading an online video game forums at times....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom