Post Your Rig!

HI All,
Here are some pics of my current rig with the Axe II.

I have the following:
Splawn Quickrod amp head
Furman Power Conditioner
KORG DTR2000 Rack tuner
Axe FX II
RJM Music Rack Gizmo (black face plate)
Pedal drawer (MXR ZW44 OD, TS808, EVH Phaser, EVH Flanger) in use currently
Matrix GT1000FX-2U
2 2x12 Genz Benz G-Flex ported stereo cabs
MFC-101 Controller (have the stomp labels now but not in these pics)
BOSS FV500H and BOSS FV500L

I am running everything through the Rack Gizmo and using the 4CM with the Splawn. I use the Rack Gizmo to swap out the pedals and/or the Axe II pre/post. Using the Matrix for separate presets with amp models and go out stereo to the cabs. I have mainly 4CM presets with the Splawn and then have presets dedicated with the Matrix.

Still tweaking and defining my tones but all in all it is a great setup! Couldnt be happier :)

RCF1.jpg

Last edited:
Drago Design

Hi all , i did a modified version of what Don Grosh came up with a while ago, thought you might like to have a look. Decided to ask Drago Design (Singapore) to help with this project and all i gave them was some 3D images i did of flightcase including critical dimensions and additional features. All in all, I've paid SGD $500 and Mr. Laurie Tang (Owner) had kindly let me keep the price even after I requested to add a few more features in the case. As this was more of a prototype for the company, asking price will be a little more than $500 but below $600. It took 2 days to complete fabrication. Anyone interested, go to: Drago Design - flightcase castor hinges handle flight case (Another project by Project E)

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 160
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 158
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 162
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 195
  • 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 259
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 170
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 173
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 160
Drago Design

More Pictures...

Attachments

• 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 159
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 259
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 168
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 174
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 159
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 156
woah thats some great work! I almost ordered a rack case from them, but since I don't drive.. It would be way too heavy to lug around on public transport.. Ended up with an SKB case which is much lighter.. but pretty bulky. And I'm using a Mono tour bag to tote my MFC and expression pedals around..

Hi all , i did a modified version of what Don Grosh came up with a while ago, thought you might like to have a look. Decided to ask Drago Design (Singapore) to help with this project and all i gave them was some 3D images i did of flightcase including critical dimensions and additional features. All in all, I've paid SGD $500 and Mr. Laurie Tang (Owner) had kindly let me keep the price even after I requested to add a few more features in the case. As this was more of a prototype for the company, asking price will be a little more than $500 but below $600. It took 2 days to complete fabrication. Anyone interested, go to: Drago Design - flightcase castor hinges handle flight case (Another project by Project E)

This is a great idea Don came up with I had a similar idea but never went anywhere with it. Can you give details on your setup? I'm stepping to an Axe ll pretty soon and this type of case is on my radar.

This is a great idea Don came up with I had a similar idea but never went anywhere with it. Can you give details on your setup? I'm stepping to an Axe ll pretty soon and this type of case is on my radar.

Totally agreed! Even Laurie from Drago praised Don for such great Design. The only thing is that it is bulky and heavy, without a car this solution is a no go.

Regarding details of setup, the case was measured on-site and I do not hold any drawings. What measurements do you need?Maybe I can try documenting it on the 3d drawings for your reference.

Totally agreed! Even Laurie from Drago praised Don for such great Design. The only thing is that it is bulky and heavy, without a car this solution is a no go.

Regarding details of setup, the case was measured on-site and I do not hold any drawings. What measurements do you need?Maybe I can try documenting it on the 3d drawings for your reference.

Yeah, when Don gave the weight on his rig I was a little surprised and I thought my SKB was heavy. @ 46 Lbs it's a little awkward because of the footprint and shape. With the bulk of the weight obviously being all the pieces put together the Axe and the midi board are probably close to 25 Lbs, throw in the power supplies, pedals wireless receiver your probably close to 30-35 Lbs. Do you know what your case weighs empty?

I would like to keep the case I have now but the Axe II is an inch to deep for the SKB PS 100 I'm using now. So unless I can find a way to mod it so it will fit or make some sort of spacer and have the thing sticking out an inch of the rack, (which I may have to do for now) I have to move to a different type of case.

DSCN2809.jpg

I was actually wanting to know the details on how the iPad is used and hooked up.

Thanks...

Yeah, when Don gave the weight on his rig I was a little surprised and I thought my SKB was heavy. @ 46 Lbs it's a little awkward because of the footprint and shape. With the bulk of the weight obviously being all the pieces put together the Axe and the midi board are probably close to 25 Lbs, throw in the power supplies, pedals wireless receiver your probably close to 30-35 Lbs. Do you know what your case weighs empty?

I would like to keep the case I have now but the Axe II is an inch to deep for the SKB PS 100 I'm using now. So unless I can find a way to mod it so it will fit or make some sort of spacer and have the thing sticking out an inch of the rack, (which I may have to do for now) I have to move to a different type of case.

DSCN2809.jpg

I was actually wanting to know the details on how the iPad is used and hooked up.

Thanks...

A friend with an AXEII just modified his PS100 to allow the axe to fit, and also removed the powersupply on the bottom and replaced it with different XLR, spdif, 1/4" outs, etc. It involved rack rails to raise the Axe, and some creative fiberglass to make room for the lid.

A friend with an AXEII just modified his PS100 to allow the axe to fit, and also removed the powersupply on the bottom and replaced it with different XLR, spdif, 1/4" outs, etc. It involved rack rails to raise the Axe, and some creative fiberglass to make room for the lid.

Ha, I'd like to see that can you get pic's? I was thinking about going through the bottom. There is a lot of room going down but again you have to do some fancy work to the type of plastic that SKB uses.

You've heard of les paul transition tenons? Well this is my transition rig.

IMAG0299.jpg

Out1 to RCF, out2 to matrix 1U1K to an egnater 1x12 with a EV12ZW.

Set-1 was a mix. Set-2 was all matrix/ev, Set-3 was all RCF. I pulled the matrix out yesterday, so next gig it is RCF on a stand. Probably out2 so I can leave out1 for FOH when needed. Made the mistake of messing with the mic/line switch the other day(from reading another thread). Damn thing about blew my ears clean off. My plan is it leave the RCF at 80% or so, and adjust from the front of the axe.

Meanwhile, on the home rig, the GSP1101 is just loving the matrix.

Last edited:
Drago Design

Thanks...

Hi, please refer to attached image for Rig Connections. I've basically used Midi Merger as interface to link between Ultra (hooked to midi IN of merger), irig (to first midi OUT of merger) and Liquid foot Pro (to second midi OUT of merger). Irig midi out is also connected to Ultra's midi in to receive data from ipad. The only issue with this setup is that you won't be able to power up Liquid foot with phantom power since it goes through Midi merger. Other than that, this setup works beautifully with Lemur being able to send and receive sysex messages.

Regarding weight, i didn't intent to carry it but rather dragging it... haaa... although i've tried carrying it. Didn't last more than 10 m...I reckon it's about 30 lbs with everything in.

My choice was clear... either drag the heavy box to stage and everything setup instantly or having hell of a time playing with the cables especially with ipad setup.

Attachments

• Rig Connection Diagram.jpg
    Rig Connection Diagram.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Nice, clean setup! Side benefit: when you need an echo chamber, you can just open the shower door. :)

Is this the A4UE-14? I was looking at ordering one of these but I'm wondering if the 14" depth is deep enough to house the Axe Fx II and not have to unplug plugs in the back every time you put the back on the case?

I was wondering the same thing. arstocker?

Back
Top Bottom