Post Your Rig!

My setup grows.....(see the attached picture) - i can play stereo right now - one Boogie for left, one for the right side...hahahahaha! 8 x 12AX7 + 2x12AT7 tubes - I don't need a heater in my project studio anymore. I'll setup the new Boogie with my mods the way I like it - in fact, I'm a huge fan of the old MK-design, but there are some things "to do" to get the fancy tone.....
Still love my axe standard - but I'm not gonna sell the other stuff.....

Now I need a bigger rack (12HE to be correct), I found 3 (!!!) old TC Electronics 1128 Programable EQs for almost no money, adding a "selfmade" 19" compressor unit to my rack and the analogue to 8-channel ADAT lightpipe converter - sending all signals from the rack to my recording setup with just one optical cable!

Within the next week I'll relocate, building my new project studio - damn fine! :) pictures coming soon!

cheers
P

Attachments

• P1000657.jpg
    P1000657.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:
Thank you, I made them myself, Avery #3270 Magnet Sheets, Photoshop and MS Publisher. Cost about $10 in materials. The Stomplabel and PedalboardLabel products are very cool, but looked too generic. Wanted something unique but familiar. Size is 1.75 X 2.5 inches for the Presets and IA switches, 1.75 X 2 inches for the Reveal, Edit, Up & Down switches.

Edit_Down.jpgEffects_Reverb.jpg

Thank you, I made them myself, Avery #3270 Magnet Sheets, Photoshop and MS Publisher. Cost about $10 in materials. The Stomplabel and PedalboardLabel products are very cool, but looked too generic. Wanted something unique but familiar. Size is 1.75 X 2.5 inches for the Presets and IA switches, 1.75 X 2 inches for the Reveal, Edit, Up & Down switches.

View attachment 13309View attachment 13308

Nice job on creating your own. How do the Avery #3270 Magnet Sheets hold up? I would have to take a look someday and grab some. Are they flexible enough to print at home? Can you possibly post the Photoshop file when you get some time? Thanks for sharing these....great idea.

ff3bbe7c064a11e2a3461231381315e1_7.jpg

Finally completed the rack with my Vafam Sound panel!

latest rack skb roller

Here's my latest live setup. I/m using Ableton on the Mac as my live mixer/performance setup and mobile studio. There is a glyph hd, power cond and a focusrite saffire 40 as the mic pres/in's and out's for the PA in the rack with the Axe. Using a APC40 as the control surface for the sliders and a GCP as midi for the AXE. QSC K12's for the Axe/PA speakers.

Attachments

• photo-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 227
  • photo-3.jpg
    photo-3.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 134
I kept looking for a good pedalboard, and just couldn't find what I was looking for. So, since I had an embarrassingly large rack case anyway, just put a nice deep OSP 3u drawer in it for the MFC, Missions, and wires. It's a 10u rack, over 18" deep from front-to-back rails, with 4" casters. The bass player usually loads the trailer and is not Mr Gentle, so I got a nice big shock rack. :) The Fractal sticker shows which side is the front. I lay an Egnater 2x12 on top and run stereo which gets the cab up off the floor where I can hear it. The front panel has XLR outs for out1, USB, and RJ-45 for the MFC. The panel on the back has MIDI which I haven't used with the II at all, and speaker outs from the amp. Setup is quick, and without a big pedalboard, my stage area is a little cleaner and everything goes into the rack when done. Would love a new amp, but no cash for that now. Have to get a wireless next anyway. Would love an extra-small setup like some of you guys have, but this is working for now until my back gives out. :)

Attachments

• BACK.JPG
    BACK.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 162
  • FRONT.JPG
    FRONT.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 238
  • NOLID.JPG
    NOLID.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 145
  • CLOSED.JPG
    CLOSED.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 137
  • DRAWER.JPG
    DRAWER.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 192
woah thats some great work! I almost ordered a rack case from them, but since I don't drive.. It would be way too heavy to lug around on public transport.. Ended up with an SKB case which is much lighter.. but pretty bulky. And I'm using a Mono tour bag to tote my MFC and expression pedals around..

Hey jms - would you mind telling me what mono bag you're using, exactly? I saw they had several but would be interested in which one you got, exactly, and how it fit considering they're made for PedalTrain (assuming that's what you're using).

your rig is beautiful... it almost makes me wanna cry... :'D

That feeling you're having would be the tears in your eyes welling up from the sheer volume. Also those are tears of blood.

That's a lot of master volume on those channels - even if you had the final master stage (can't remember what that knob is called) turned down and on the 10W setting, that's HEAVY. Awesome, though. I bought the Axe partially because I can't play the MkV in the house with a wife and two kids without my wife immediately filing for divorce. Luckily with the MkV he could be standing behind me and I wouldn't be able to hear him, so I guess there's that... :)

I kept looking for a good pedalboard, and just couldn't find what I was looking for. So, since I had an embarrassingly large rack case anyway, just put a nice deep OSP 3u drawer in it for the MFC, Missions, and wires. It's a 10u rack, over 18" deep from front-to-back rails, with 4" casters. The bass player usually loads the trailer and is not Mr Gentle, so I got a nice big shock rack. :) The Fractal sticker shows which side is the front. I lay an Egnater 2x12 on top and run stereo which gets the cab up off the floor where I can hear it. The front panel has XLR outs for out1, USB, and RJ-45 for the MFC. The panel on the back has MIDI which I haven't used with the II at all, and speaker outs from the amp. Setup is quick, and without a big pedalboard, my stage area is a little cleaner and everything goes into the rack when done. Would love a new amp, but no cash for that now. Have to get a wireless next anyway. Would love an extra-small setup like some of you guys have, but this is working for now until my back gives out. :)

Nice professional axe-rig! Well done! :)

Cool, I still got my vintage Gp-8 too! What sounds do you use it for?

hi , i use it for comp (the comp is incredible in gp 8 , the best i ever played (even compared with boutique pedals)!) and drive and distortion (old boss pedals in the gp8 ) , and to make my jcm800 "midi" .in this configuration axe fx is mainly used for fx, but i can use axefx amp if i need it.
gp8 is a GREAT unit.i have 2 , just in case, these are old ;-)

Back
Top Bottom