Post your home rigs with the Axe Fx!

dsw67

I recently purchased an Axe Fx II. I'm looking to get some ideas for a good home setup. I'm just a home player, and will not be gigging with it.

I'd love to see how others have theirs setup at home, and what other equipment you use/recommend?

Already solved. She has her own place. Also, I don't consider wives or girlfriends 'equipment'.

Well with many the understanding wife is a precursor to procuring said equipment! :)

Humor aside, what are your goals? Do you want to record? Just noodle around? Do you have volume concerns with location? Budget?

I feel if I post a budget and other requirements it's going to limit what people will think my options are. I'd rather just see what others are currently using and getting ideas of what might work for me.

Are you having wife issues cobbler? This seems to be a topic you wish to discuss. PM me I'll let you cry on my shoulder... ;)

I feel if I post a budget and other requirements it's going to limit what people will think my options are. I'd rather just see what others are currently using and getting ideas of what might work for me.

Are you having wife issues cobbler? This seems to be a topic you wish to discuss. PM me I'll let you cry on my shoulder... ;)

Not at all. My girl is the best in the world. Just tossing out a little of my warped sense of humor. :)

As for your request then the options are limitless. You can simply get a cheap pair of headphones and plug in an play, build a million dollar home studio. or anything inbetween.

Enjoy!

Here is my home setup...

Gear-1.jpg

Last edited:
Well with many the understanding wife is a precursor to procuring said equipment! :)...

That's a falsehood, I've proven it, and I'll be paying for it for a while yet. On the upside, I do have headphones. ;)

On that note, get a good set of headphones. The Sony 7506s are pretty good for the price. You'll want to upgrade the cushions though.

I recently purchased an Axe Fx II. I'm looking to get some ideas for a good home setup. I'm just a home player, and will not be gigging with it.

I'd love to see how others have theirs setup at home, and what other equipment you use/recommend?

Not gonna be gigging with it? I run a pair of studio monitors in my bedroom (Yamaha HS80M's) which are great. If you are looking for something similar Hello Music is having a solid deal right now on HS50M pairs ( $298 ). You could also get a powered speaker monitor if that suits you. I just bought an Alto TS115A as a budget monitor and I dig it. A lot of people will tell you those are shit, but it doesn't sound bad to my ears.

This used to be my home setup in my alcove office upstairs in my house...

5875447873_1d32224a60_z.jpg

Bit I've since moved most of my music gear to my 'downstairs' office. You can just see the Axe-FX in that cabinet at the back (where the printer is located)...

8255228391_2a589d4ed9_z.jpg

Cyberferret, I'm diggin that mission oak chair.

Thanks - the lady I bought it from said it was Teak. It was part of a dining setting but some got damaged so she was selling them off piecemeal. I bought one for my upstairs work desk. It is actually more comfortable than the ergonomic all adjustable one that is in my 'real' office in the second picture!

While I have a music area in the basement, the AxeFx has allowed me to move my primary practice area into the living room so I'm more accessible to the family when playing.

AxeII.jpg

I have a MacBook Air hooked up to the AxeFx and my MFC is on the floor right in front of the cabinet. I also have a pair of Beyer DT880 headphones for silent practice.

Well with many the understanding wife is a precursor to procuring said equipment!...what are your goals?
"Understanding wife" is a noble goal by itself.

Do you want to record?
Not really. It's too easy for that stuff to find its way to the Internet.

Just noodle around?

I would hope she wants to noodle around a bit.

Do you have volume concerns with location?
A little room volume is a good thing. It's like cheering. But I would hope she's not too loud. That's like weird.

Low-maintenance is nice.

"Understanding wife" is a noble goal by itself.

Not really. It's too easy for that stuff to find its way to the Internet.

I would hope she wants to noodle around a bit.

A little room volume is a good thing. It's like cheering. But I would hope she's not too loud. That's like weird.

Low-maintenance is nice.

Well played sir! :)

Back
Top Bottom