Post Your Axe-Fx III Rigs Here!

Quick pic.

35815084_10211907388028825_8287649493717876736_o.jpg

Warg Master - I like your style!

euqtOZHl.jpg

I have the same case on order myself. I went with a different telex and black hardware. Thank you both for posting.

I’ve never built one, but seems like if I want a 3u shallow rack for essentially cosmetic purposes I could built one myself pretty easily.

One 12x1x48” board, two 3U rack rails, one sheet of tolex, eight corner bumpers, and one handle. Few screws and some glue, 4 cuts of the board (Home Depot does for free) and should be a a finished product, about $35-40 total cost depending on the materials.

Certainly could buy similar for $100ish, but probably can’t pick your corner bumper color, tolex color etc....

Question then becomes, what colors ? All black hardware and Marshall grain tolex?

Tweed ? Blue tolex with chrome bumpers to and leather handle ? Tie in nicely with the blue III logo perhaps ?

Maybe stain the wood ?

Anyone has some pics of diy builds they’ve tried ?

@2112 Leon - how do you like the Matrix? I’ve never used one myself but have been considering it. I am currently using a Carvin DC1540 which is great but since they went out of business I’ve been thinking of going with something else in the near future.

I got it when I got my ultra a few years back and it's been solid. I've done heaps of gigs and rehearsals with it running guitar and bass with no issues.

@2112 Leon - how do you like the Matrix? I’ve never used one myself but have been considering it. I am currently using a Carvin DC1540 which is great but since they went out of business I’ve been thinking of going with something else in the near future.
They actually came back...:)

I got it when I got my ultra a few years back and it's been solid. I've done heaps of gigs and rehearsals with it running guitar and bass with no issues.
Totally agree. I use the Matrix GT1000 1U and it is fantastic. At our last rehearsal one of our amps went out and I was able to quickly create 2 signal chains and allow the other guitar player to use my Axe3 and the Matrix to his cab. It actually sounded better than the amp that went out and I think that is what we are going to do until he can get his own Fractal. So basically a single Axe 3 and a single Matrix is powering 2 separate guitars and 2 4x12 cabs. It feels like we are cheating or something.

Got a bit excited and took a stack of photos, here is my current setup:

X809Itg.jpg

And here is the Axe FX III snug in it's case:

3RxHPVD.jpg

There are some more images here if anyone is interested:

My wife would love it if I had a desk that neat. Nicely done!

Keyboard geek, but don't care about the mouse? Or is that some mythic mouse? :p

And wireless headphone? Do you use that with the Axe-Fx? No speaker at all?

Lastly, Ikea lamp? Haha I have the same one.

My wife would love it if I had a desk that neat. Nicely done!

Keyboard geek, but don't care about the mouse? Or is that some mythic mouse? :p

And wireless headphone? Do you use that with the Axe-Fx? No speaker at all?

Lastly, Ikea lamp? Haha I have the same one.

Mouse: $10 Microsoft Mouse (my Steelseries was getting pretty grimey and I've just been rolling with this backup mouse for now, does the job)
Headphones: Philips Fidelio X2 (not wireless, just not plugged in)
Everything else: Ikea, spot on ;)

Back
Top Bottom