Post Your Axe-Fx III Rigs Here!

i use 3 systems .
1/ Axe + fc12 in studio monitors
2/Mesa stack with axe 3 on fx loop for effects
3/ JP2c head + captor .

Beautiful setup! I had the exact same JP2C-LE amp and it was amazing. I had mine back in 2018 and was using a Helix Rack and Control with it in 4CM and to change patches. Great that they included midi on that amp!

Last edited:
What sort of music are you playing with that rig? And do you have anyone to help with load in? :D
Ha! Anytime I book a gig, my second or third question is “Are there any steps between the load-in spot and the stage? If so, my price doubles! ;)

Usually I have help, but I also have a console tilter/stand that I can bring to get the rack in and out of my vehicle by myself, I’d needed.

This rig lives at my church most of the time (my day job is as a church music director and band leader), but I take it out for gigs too (not so much in the last 12 months...)

In addition to doing worship music, I’m in a guitar/drums pop duo that has a full-band sound, and also play out with ad-hoc bands for different events. Styles range from rock, pop, alt/indie, outlaw country, reggae... pretty much anything in the “popular music” domain.

Saturnworks tap tempo switches. I mentioned them here, they are built in the USA. Same functionality and similar pricing (for USA) as the more-popular Mosky dual switches.

Oh ya ok, i thought it looks somewhat familiar..i have two single saturworks in a box that i havent used in awhile and wanted to get the 2 switch. version, good stuff..thanks

Is that the FR212a ? I’d love to upgrade my fr12 to one of those! How do you like it?
Yup! I can honestly say it's the best FRFR solution I've ever heard other than a pair of HS8s; I've never heard the Axe FX sound more 'authentic' through anything else. It gets unbelievably loud and has an amazing balance (which I think is a consequence of the 12" speaker size but what do I know). I wouldn't (and don't) really use it to practice though, in terms of power handling it's the equivalent of 2 full stacks or something like that, which is overkill for my room. I still practice out of crappy old KRKs, but on the occasions where I go out and play with people I don't think it can be beat... unless you run two of them in stereo, lol.

Discounting loudness, the only thing I think could compete with it is a pair of HS8s, maybe paired with a sub. They might even be a bit more practical for a bedroom but I wanted the final boss of FRFR solutions for other occasions, which it certainly is, so it was well worth it to me.

Yup! I can honestly say it's the best FRFR solution I've ever heard other than a pair of HS8s; I've never heard the Axe FX sound more 'authentic' through anything else. It gets unbelievably loud and has an amazing balance (which I think is a consequence of the 12" speaker size but what do I know). I wouldn't (and don't) really use it to practice though, in terms of power handling it's the equivalent of 2 full stacks or something like that, which is overkill for my room. I still practice out of crappy old KRKs, but on the occasions where I go out and play with people I don't think it can be beat... unless you run two of them in stereo, lol.

Discounting loudness, the only thing I think could compete with it is a pair of HS8s, maybe paired with a sub. They might even be a bit more practical for a bedroom but I wanted the final boss of FRFR solutions for other occasions, which it certainly is, so it was well worth it to me.
What drivers are in there? 2x12 I gather, but is there a high frequency driver, or two? Weird that they don't say.

Not super psyched on 55 lbs though, especially since I like running stereo. OTOH, I may never leave my house again, so who cares...

What drivers are in there? 2x12 I gather, but is there a high frequency driver, or two? Weird that they don't say.

Not super psyched on 55 lbs though, especially since I like running stereo. OTOH, I may never leave my house again, so who cares...
Right, 2 12-inch speakers and a 1" HF driver. Originally I thought there was a tweeter for each speaker at the top left and the top right but I'm pretty sure those are just ports.

I think it would be a bit hard to move 2 around because of their size, I definitely wouldn't wanna bother, but in terms of weight it surprised me, seems like it should be way way heavier for the sound it produces. They have a good reason for not making the cab stereo (the speakers are too close together for them to benefit from stereo routing, which I actually agree with), but I think it'd also be neat to have 2 of the powered 1x12s and run them in stereo, because they'd take up the same amount of space but allow for a bit more versatility. This is another reason a pair of HS8s could work better or be more convenient but, again, this cab has a waaaay more intimidating and deep sound than a pair of monitors, it's pretty incredible, at least as far as metal goes for me...

Back
Top Bottom