Post Your Axe-Fx III Rigs Here!

Why? I have to get in the back anyway for connecting my cabinet.
I like a sleek look (without any cables in the front ideally) so while I'm in the back plugging in my speaker cable, I can just connect the XLR's en PowerCon aswell.

I do get it why it's easier in the front, especially when connecting straight to FOH or just jammin' on your own.
Access from the front of the rack has been a big time saver and better ease of use for me. Visibility on the front of my rig has always been better than on the back (in clubs anyway).

My power, XLR to FC-12 and Speakon to FRFR monitors and XLR(s) to FOH is right there. I don't even take the back cover off my rack.

Either way, the patch panel is a definite win!

Streamlined setup mkI. Not breaking my back anymore if I ever get onto a stage again. Next step is Redsound speakers for live and the Axe underneath the Mac. But for now, the Neumans are perfect for at home.
Liking the look of those 2 rack units on top of eachother. Looks like 2 shallow 3U SKB's ?

Case: SKB 1SKB-R4S
Depth is 10.5. With the rear cover on, I should have no problems using right angle connectors and actually patch them through the side of the SKB with quick-disconnects for 2XLR's, 1USB, 1Power, 1Faslink, 1xTRS IEM input (from Aviom/ME-1's wired headphone jacks).

Axe FX III on top

1xGLXD14RG Wireless Guitar Unit
1xPSM300 Wireless IEM Transmitter
1xRadial Trim-Two Convert Aviom/ME-1 headphones to balanced for mixing with IEM Transmitter

Backback: Unknown, Need FC-12 dimensions
Furman AC-215A

Super small / Peace of mind. The Furman is external to the SKB. I plug that direct into a power outlet, then run my powercord (~20ft) from the Furman direct to the SKB via the powerCON connector. That connector splits AC into 3 plugs for all the devices in the rack.

FC-12 w/2 EV2 Pedals
Hopefully mounted to a nice thin piece of plywood that slides right into the middle of my backpack.

Misc/Cables:
Wireless transmitter, various cables.

Weight: 38lbs

That be CLEAN 👍

My-Rig.jpg
My simple setup where I can use Midi to turn on and off the Strymon pedals, and use a Boss ES-8 to switch on and off the drive pedals if needed.
The outs are routed into the Mackie 1642 VLZ-4 mixer, and from there into my Apollo Quad for recording into Studio One, or Logic. :)

View attachment 80213
My simple setup where I can use Midi to turn on and off the Strymon pedals, and use a Boss ES-8 to switch on and off the drive pedals if needed.
The outs are routed into the Mackie 1642 VLZ-4 mixer, and from there into my Apollo Quad for recording into Studio One, or Logic. :)
This looks amazing! I'm currently dreaming of racking some of the pedals I've kept and having them accessible in the loop of my III and switch with maybe an RJM MEG or a Boss ES-8. What do you use for outboard MIDI control in this fabulous setup? An FC or a third party MIDI controller?

I started with the II and got the matrix amps and cabs for FRFR. I soon realized that real cabs was the only way I was going to get the sound I wanted. I was running each matrix 1x12 alone and two bass 1x12s for bass, and I had 8 channels total to play with.

Now I run a III WDW in stereo. Wet are through FRFR and dry through real cabs. The FRFR are daisy chained on their own channels, 2x12, and each 4x12 cab gets a cue out from the Apollo. 4000 watts at my disposal. It is thunderous🤘; Sunn O))) who? 😂

PXL_20210131_223436383.jpgPXL_20201120_181034436.jpg

Last edited:
This looks amazing! I'm currently dreaming of racking some of the pedals I've kept and having them accessible in the loop of my III and switch with maybe an RJM MEG or a Boss ES-8. What do you use for outboard MIDI control in this fabulous setup? An FC or a third party MIDI controller?
Thanks for the kind words! I use an FC-12.

I started with the II and got the matrix amps and cabs for FRFR. I soon realized that real cabs was the only way I was going to get the sound I wanted. I was running each matrix 1x12 alone and two bass 1x12s for bass, and I had 8 channels total to play with.

Now I run a III WDW in stereo. Wet are through FRFR and dry through real cabs. The FRFR are daisy chained on their own channels, 2x12, and each 4x12 cab gets a cue out from the Apollo. 4000 watts at my disposal. It is thunderous🤘; Sunn O))) who? 😂

View attachment 80244View attachment 80245

I’m going to hazard a guess and say that you’re a bachelor. That rig looks awesome!

I’m going to hazard a guess and say that you’re a bachelor. That rig looks awesome!
I explained early in the marriage that I had bought my first guitar for $250, a 1989 black BC Rich Mockingbird, and played it happily for 25 years at the time and it was listing for $1200. If you buy smart and take care of your gear, what hobby fills your life with joy and puts money in her pocket when I croak :) Trust me, she knows all about Reverb.com :tearsofjoy:

As well, the room doubles as our theatre for Saturday night movies and she can't see any of it in the dark, hence no Orange cab :)

View attachment 80244View attachment 80245
1616182767628.png

Back
Top Bottom