Post Here if You've Received An FM3 Invite!

not very worried about the hp jack... it's useful tough but I guess you can work around it.

The news here is that the regular units will be available in April and I'm late on the list... so I better go back to work.

It would seem these first run models are probably quite limited in number of unit available, but i have no idea. But i wouldn't think they make a whole lot of units with headphone jacks. So the big stockpiling of inventory that many were imaging while the bugs were being fixed probably never happened. I'll have to reset my mind for a MUCH longer wait than I had anticipated I think. Plus April probably means July... :)

My mistake folks. I knee jerked and posted a pic of the invite, and should not have per the invite directions.
My apologies to the Fractal team, the moderators, and the people on this forum.

Admin please delete what is necessary. Again, my apologies.

Interesting glitch. I'm glad I saw this before delete! For me it's great news.. likely my name will get pushed ahead a few notches by guys skipping invite due to lack of headphone jack. I have zero need for a headphone jack myself, so I'll take the 50 bucks and an earlier invite thank you very much :)

Interesting glitch. I'm glad I saw this before delete! For me it's great news.. likely my name will get pushed ahead a few notches by guys skipping invite due to lack of headphone jack. I have zero need for a headphone jack myself, so I'll take the 50 bucks and an earlier invite thank you very much :)

I don't really need the jack either... never used it on my FX II... however I'm concerned about the future resale value. Once these become plentiful in the universe the gap between a nerfed one and regular one might be far more than $50.

I’m sorry, to be clear so if I’m lucky enough to get an invitation it will be for a unit that has no headphone jack? Is that correct?

I have zero need for a headphone jack myself, so I'll take the 50 bucks and an earlier invite thank you very much :)

Most of my headphone listening is while tracking anyway, and that will always be out of my interface while monitoring through my DAW.

The only use I was looking forward to was being able to be jam in a hotel room with just the unit.

I will be a new Fractal device owner (on AX-8 wait list) when I FINALLY do get my "Whole FM3". I have waited patiently since the shipment back in the summer never made it out. No problem there....do not rush it out .... get the system working right. BUT .... I am now disappointed with the news we learned today (AND NOT DIRECTLY FROM FRACTAL). Yes, I know there are workarounds to a headphone jack not being there.....but I did not wait this long for a system containing workarounds....or grade b and C.

I (we) thought we were getting a "GRADE A" roll out.....nope, that might be an ADDITIONAL 2 MONTHS JUST TO START THAT ROLL OUT.

Some of you say "I don't need a headphone jack"... and that is great news for you, but when I take this device up to my friends lake house to play my guitar in the dead of night .....I want that headphone jack that has been in the pictures and description since day 1 of last year!

Big question to Fractal.....Is there ANYTHING else besides the "missing HP jack" that make the device different from the "Included HP Jack" production model?

Today I am putting my pom poms down with some real disappointment that I have to wait even more.... and YES, I know in the end, this unit will be awesome...but the road for me has been a bit bumpy for an (almost) first time customer.

Last edited:
Excuse me if this is a dumb question, but can you run just a Y cable (Two 1/4" males to one stereo 1/4" female) from the OUT 2 directly to headphones? If not is there another easy solution without dragging around a mixer? It's not that big of a deal if there is an easy highly small / portable solution.

specifications.jpg

Let’s be real here (no post deletes please). Will it make sound? Yes. Is it ideal? Depending on what kind of headphones you use (I use an old set of Sennheiser HD250’s which are around 300Ω), your results may vary.

Back
Top Bottom