Fixed Possible bug in Quantum v1

My bad. Poor choice of words. I meant Cliffs temp fix works for me, to just change patch then all operates as usual.

On the volume issue I still wonder if it is the initial state parameter. I do have sound on boot up and my initial state is set to 100. I did that so I could play without my mfc if I choose to.

Sorry I can't check the scene changes. Am packed up to travel to a gig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had almost this exact issue for many firmware versions now, wouldn't seem related to Quantum specifically. I have a Mark I Axe-FX II and a Mark II MFC-101.

No pedal/switch input (i.e. input from my expression pedals plugged into the MFC-101) is registered, and things like pressing the tuner button don't work either. Once I change patch, everything works normally. The initial patch change can even be triggered from the MFC.

If I save a patch with the volume pedal at 0, and turn the Axe-FX II on at that patch, it won't pick up the value of the pedal on boot and volume will remain at 0. I've never worried about it as the work around was easy enough, and I usually play a few patches anyway just to warm up/check things out.

I've had almost this exact issue for many firmware versions now, wouldn't seem related to Quantum specifically. I have a Mark I Axe-FX II and a Mark II MFC-101.

No pedal/switch input (i.e. input from my expression pedals plugged into the MFC-101) is registered, and things like pressing the tuner button don't work either. Once I change patch, everything works normally. The initial patch change can even be triggered from the MFC.

If I save a patch with the volume pedal at 0, and turn the Axe-FX II on at that patch, it won't pick up the value of the pedal on boot and volume will remain at 0. I've never worried about it as the work around was easy enough, and I usually play a few patches anyway just to warm up/check things out.

Yeah, looks like there are two similar but different issues here.

There are people that have some kind of issue with their controllers or tuner on start, some of them had this issue before Quantum... And other people that didn't have any problem before Quantum (even on Quantum b1) but after the update, the MFC became unresponsive upon start. It just responds to bank/preset switch. After that it comes to work as intended.

I don't know if both issues are connected in some way. I haven't had any issues with the MFC and the Axe before Quantum, but the "unresponsive" one looks like it's caused by a prolonged boot time (the Quantum splash Screen) on MARK I/II Axes.

As you said, both issues are not a biggie (at least for me) but is good to post about it, so FAS knows about it.

I updated my XL to Quantum 1.0 and my MFC to 3.08. At first the MFC was a total mess! (but the external switches and pedals still worked!) Then I reset the MFC, reassigned external controllers and happy to report that everything is working again! (been testing for the past few nights, just to make sure).

So, I don't know if you all have reset your MFC after update but if not maybe give that a try? (Caution:it will erase all your previous MFC settings!)

I updated my XL to Quantum 1.0 and my MFC to 3.08. At first the MFC was a total mess! (but the external switches and pedals still worked!) Then I reset the MFC, reassigned external controllers and happy to report that everything is working again! (been testing for the past few nights, just to make sure).

So, I don't know if you all have reset your MFC after update but if not maybe give that a try? (Caution:it will erase all your previous MFC settings!)

That's a different thing. Your "mess" was caused by the new IA assignments introduced in MFC FW 3.07+ because the Rotary.
I don't know if the issue about the controllers will benefit the reset, but I don't think the total unresponsiveness (besides the preset switch) will do.

There has been something funky going on with the MFC and an unresponsive Axe for a while now. There was mention by M@tt (i think) that they were working on it quite while ago but all is silent since then.
Has all support dropped for the MFC? Seems no one even answers any of these threads except for a brief message that the new splash screen might be causing the current issues.
Mine has been very well behaved at shows but has still frozen at a rehearsal. I am not too worried about it. Just wish someone would look into this or if they are looking into it, let us know they are trying to narrow it down or have sussed it out.
I am on Axe XL and MFC Mk3 using XLR over Faslink.

I tried that ages ago and was told to get G66 to replace my MFC 101 Mk3. It was a brand new factory fresh unit and had only just been replaced the week before.
A month or so later, Fractal said on here they were now working on the problem after a few other people had identical things happen to them.
In the mean time, I reset everything back to factory on the Axe XL and MFC mk3 and built all my live set again from scratch.
Like I said, it has behaved at all festivals and gigs since but at one rehearsal, it did freeze again.
I only tend to use the Axe live. In my studio, I generally use my real amps although I have started to programme those sounds into the Axe too. Even then, I don't have the MFC plugged in so it never gets heavy enough use between gigs to notice what is happening and how often

This is the same problem I am having since the update

Yeah, I reported something similar in the MFC Sub-Fórum http://forum.fractalaudio.com/mfc-d...sonding-after-quantum-update.html#post1249369

The difference is that I DO have sound upon start, but the MFC does not respond to Scene changes or Block state changes. It just responds to a preset change. After you change to another preset, it start to work as it should.

It never happened to me before in ANY firmware, so I guess it's a Quantum thing.

For the record, I have an Axe-FX II Mark I with Quantum v1 FW and MFC-101 Mark III with the latest FW.

Since I updated to Quantum I'm having this same issue. I turn on my axe and my instant access switches won't change to on or off until I change to a different preset. I can then go back to the preset that was on when I turned my axe on and the IA switches then start working again. Never had this problem until this update.

Since I updated to Quantum I'm having this same issue. I turn on my axe and my instant access switches won't change to on or off until I change to a different preset. I can then go back to the preset that was on when I turned my axe on and the IA switches then start working again. Never had this problem until this update.

I'm experiencing the same issues here. Using an Axe FX II Mk1 and MFC101 Mk1. Has never happened to me throughout all 20 FW upgrades (My axe is one of the very first units shipped out).

AxeII markI user here; MFC mkI as well. Mfc wont respond after turning on the Axe. I have to switch presets once with the MFC to have it working again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Chris, thanks for trying to help me :)

I always have a volume pedal block in my presets ..

I have never done any kind of reset, been afraid that I might screw up something
since everything always worked so great.
Try using a filter block on null setting for volume control! see if the same thing occurs.

Come on cliff!! This issue has been going on for way too long. I've spent way too much money and way too much time on my axe fx rig for it to not function properly! I am a full time international musician and I cant be running into this problem on stage, as Im sure you can understand. We have all been patient. We need an update to fixes this problem asap! Please and thank you! :)

No, it has not been going on for way too long. Actually this has already been fixed long ago (since firmware 1.01, I believe) ... ;-)

I have the same issue with my MK3. It just went from frozen occasionally to a blank screen now. Unplug and plug back in will work before, but not now. Is there a fix yet?

Back
Top Bottom