Port City OS2x12 V30 IRs - SM57 - Sean Ashe (37 FREE IRs!)

Sean, I convert this to work with Standard/Ultra with ownhammer utility but sounds horrible and don't know why, any advice?

The IRs captured with 10.xx are in a new format which is not compatible with AOMDSP. The resulting "IR" is not usable. So until someone writes a new utility to convert files written with the new IR format, these will not be translatable to Standard/Ultra or Wav format.

The IRs captured with 10.xx are in a new format which is not compatible with AOMDSP. The resulting "IR" is not usable. So until someone writes a new utility to convert files written with the new IR format, these will not be translatable to Standard/Ultra or Wav format.

Thanks so much Patzag.

My new vertical PC cab.

portcity.jpg

My new vertical PC cab.

portcity.jpg

Badass! Grats on the new gear :), it looks really really cool and while it's not the reason for design, it seems like an axe fx would sit perfectly on that haha. I'd be interested to hear how it sounded versus the horizontal. take some IRs ;)

I dont know yet. Have to install the speakers first. :)

EVM 12L (bottom) and ASW KTS-70 (top).

Badass! Grats on the new gear :), it looks really really cool and while it's not the reason for design, it seems like an axe fx would sit perfectly on that haha. I'd be interested to hear how it sounded versus the horizontal. take some IRs ;)

Yep, the right height for the Axe-Fx.

There will be two speakers in there, my beloved EVM and ASW KTS-70.
I don't know if it's possible to capture those combined, without timing issues.

You could always take IRs of both speakers, and then use a stereo cab block to mix! :)

Reactions: yek

looking forward to reading about how both of those sounds together in one cab. I have both as well but in separate 1x12 cabs.

looking forward to reading about how both of those sounds together in one cab. I have both as well but in separate 1x12 cabs.

Yes, I remember you having both.

I had them both mounted in another cab.

The ASW takes care of the "main" tone. Best speaker I've ever used.

The EVM adds sparkle to cleans and power to the heavier stuff.
And its extended freq.range enables it to pass through stuff like semi-acoustic tones, synth tones and so on.

Using my GT1000FX I can control the level of the signal that each speaker receives, but I have it 50-50 most of the times.

Yes, I remember you having both.

I had them both mounted in another cab.

The ASW takes care of the "main" tone. Best speaker I've ever used.

The EVM adds sparkle to cleans and power to the heavier stuff.
And its extended freq.range enables it to pass through stuff like semi-acoustic tones, synth tones and so on.

Using my GT1000FX I can control the level of the signal that each speaker receives, but I have it 50-50 most of the times.

Awesome! I really need to get a GT1000FX to compare with my Retro Channel. I'm having a hard time deciding whether to go all in on guitar cabs Live or stick to my Xitone and Cab Irs. I just have to remember that its great to have all these choices.

That PC cab looks sexy btw!

Thanks for the IR's, blending the port IR with the others gives a very realistic amp in the room feel. Specially if you have a stereo system and can pan them apart a bit.

Thanks for the IR's, blending the port IR with the others gives a very realistic amp in the room feel. Specially if you have a stereo system and can pan them apart a bit.

No problem, and you found a use for the Port IR?! I actually included that only as a joke haha :p

Yea! I also use the "back of the vox cab" someone else posted in the same manner. And the new fractal pack has Swart miced from all directions.. I'm liking it. First take a basic IR, pan slightly left, then add the "wrong" IR, pan slightly right and drop the level to -3 ..-6. "Great success!" The wrong IR adds all sorts of mud and honkiness that you'd sort of hear bouncing in the room along with the "proper" tone when playing the real amp. It might be fun to have the "wrong IR speaker" aimed backwards towards the walls when doing this. :D

Okay so I just went through and pretty much sounds identical to my cab in the room with these settings:

Stereo Cab: 1PC2 + 3PC2 With hicut at around 15,000-16,000 hz and a low cut at around 40.

Dang. this is sweet

Thanks so much for these IRs, Sean. These settings above with a Shur Badger 30 dialed in... Pure sweetness!

Cab sounds terrific. Love the combo of KTS-70 (top) and EVM (bottom). The spread is excellent.
Even stuff like my acoustic simulation preset (using single coils) and "violins" preset sounds great through them.

The cab itself is very light. It's the EVM which adds weight.
I installed a mono wire harness, speakers in parallel.

rig.jpg

Back
Top Bottom