Poor Harmony Central forums!

a really cool forum for general music stuff is musicradar.com
I've hung out in there off and on for years..
made some real good friends there too - that became "face to face" friends

I was really active over there back in the day. They first made the move to Jive from vBulletin because of stability problems (i.e., poor management) and the idea was to combine the reviews and articles with the forums. It was actually two seperate servers and systems and completely unrelated.

Needless to say the exact thing happened....everyone lost their minds and traffic went from being one of the biggest to nothing and they went back to vBulletin.

The latest move back to Jive is because they are "losing money" on the forum and it's been too hard to fix it. Problem I have with that is that there were a bunch of issues pointed out with Jive over 2 years ago and they've done nothing to address them for this roll out.

Even worse the move to Jive just drove off far too many of the good members and the less than awesome members became the majority. It's been downhill for years and the ownership doesn't care.

I guarantee you that as soon as they realize that traffic is gone and that means no ad revenue that they'll be scrambling again.

Talking about dead forums, what about this poor little corner that is collecting dust? Axe-FX :: Index :lol

Someone must eventually chime in at The Lounge and write something funny (the other sections are closed), otherwise they will close the forum for inactivity.

Never did Harmomy. I was on Expert Forums and then gearslutz for years. I still visit GS from time to time. I couldn't get into HC or TGP at all. Most forums degenerate into silly juvenile stuff pretty quickly, at least for me.

I think the first forum I joined was the Satriani one...
made some real good friends there..
and due to the amount of internation travel I do, many became face to face friends in Europe and USA [which is really cool]

after a while though, there are only so many times you can read the following before the interest begins to wane:
- Joe, what are your DS-1 settings?
- why are they boing Stu?
- just dropped the kids off at school
- can someone explain modes

if any of you guys frequented the Satriani forum around 2000 to 2003 I guess, some of you may have remembered "The Great Avarice Scam"..
which caused the forum to meltdown and going into some insane all on to all conflict..
my pal was Avarice 'the person'
I was the guitarist behind the Avarice 'character'
I have to say that it was one of the funniest and most drawn out things I've ever been involved with...
and... I will certainly never do anything like that again... lol..

Last edited:
harmonycentralcom_zpsf9e3f426.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom