Confirmed please delete

My III mark 2 is a fantastic machine that I have not begun to explore all the capabilities. I first bought an AX8 and still love it, play it every week at church and have used it at other gigs. Starting to feel comfortable taking the III to gigs. I will need to feel I have approached the limits of the III before I would think about a IV or V.

How Now Is Soon?

Nervous Ted Striker GIF by filmeditor

The Axe Fx IIII Turbo is still the most powerful, most feature rich, most versatile, best sounding modeler that I have ever owned; and I have owned a number of them. The last few FW updates have put the Axe Fx substantially ahead of modelers that were released much later than it. So, is a IV model needed, not in my book…but I am sure that when Cliff and his team release a IV model it will be so amazing that I will be one of the first to order one.

Everybody says 'UI' ...but as a 100% Edit user I don't see how it can be improved except for some wild DynaCab leap forward that requires mega-cycles.

I've been Axe-Fx since 2009 ultra. I've played hundreds of gigs with ultra and axe-2. I think I'm good. When I goof around with a $49 'one knob' VST... I believe I will probably check out of the ride. I'll keep an open mind, but the next Axe will need to teleport me to work.

But here's the thing... why?

What more will a IV be able to do? I'm sure the power users know what could be done, but also why the III has plenty of legs.

This is exactly what people said about the Axe fx II too at the time and see now. 90% of the people that said that of the Axe fx II own a III now.

Just look at the wish section of this forum. There is always room for improvements and additions.

After seeing the axe thread I’m spending more time dreaming of multiple III than I am a IV. I need to really limit forum time to stop this crazy ideas. In all honesty I would rather see Fractal get so popular the prices would drop by half.

Last edited:
This is exactly what people said about the Axe fx II too at the time and see now. 90% of the people that said that of the Axe fx II own a III now.

Just look at the wish section of this forum. There is always room for improvements and additions.

In the past, before the III model was released, there were major features that MANY users wanted that the existing models’ hardware was not powerful enough to support …which made the III very marketable when it was released.Today, unlike the past, the current units have just about every major feature the majority of users NEED, as well as want, especially after the FW upgrades provided since early 2023.

I have never seen an equipment manufacturer upgrade existing units like Cliff and his team have. Many other manufacturers would have released new units that included the massive major feature upgrades we have received for our existing models in the last year. It is this commitment to initial quality and then continued increased value of their existing products and superior customer service that makes Fractal stand above their competitors as a fantastic company and why so many professionals rely on Fractal units.

In my opinion the current wishlist is filled with more WANTS, not absolute needs that the majority of current users would find compelling enough to buy a IV. Who knows, Cliff and his team are true wizards; perhaps they can come up with something so desirable that the majority of users would find the new model such a step up that the new unit would be a commercial success.

In the past there were major features that MANY others wanted…which made the III very marketable. Today, unlike the past, the current unit has just about every major feature the majority of users NEED, as well as want, especially after the FW upgrades provided since early 2023.

I think you are speaking for yourself. In 5 years time or so when the IV is out people will say the same about the Axe fx III and most Axe fx III owners will buy the IV. Like I said there is always room for improvement and no unit is final.

I think you are speaking for yourself. In 5 years time or so when the IV is out people will say the same about the Axe fx III and most Axe fx III owners will buy the IV. Like I said there is always room for improvement and no unit is final.

You may be correct. As I sad Cliff and the team may come up with something with such compelling value that the majority can not resist. I am sure there will be a IV one day…I just don’t think the III has reached the end of the upgrades that Cliff has in-store for it. Time will tell.

Many humans are afflicted with the bigger is better next best thing or for older people tue old saying, the grass is always greener on the the other side of the fence. I could have been perfectly happy with just what I have but noooo. I wanted something new in came clones and modelers. I have been watching them for years but was never happy. I just don’t like what I heard but in the last six months things have gotten such that I don’t think of them as cheap imitations but good sounding alternatives. I could have been happy with a FM3 or FM9 but the FX3mk2 turbo was one to rule them all. Now it’s mine them an FC12, I didn’t need it but I wanted it. Who knows I’m sure many would jump on a IV. I don’t know info would plenty happy currently but when these afflictions kick in who knows!

When the IV is released, and of course it will be some time in the future, it will undoubtedly have more processing power. Maybe a few changes in connection options. Imho those can be the only motives to release a device like that. The only other motive I can think of would be an axe that would be a device that is focused on a wider array of instruments or recording/producing etc.
For the rest I mainly see ppl making this a wish list thread. No point in mentioning amps or effects in this thread is there?
The form factor would be relevant maybe. 2HE, 3HE, 4HE? Front screen or not?
I personally couldn’t care less. I only play my guitar and maybe in the future will be recording a bit. Nothing fancy. I bought the 3 because of the plex reverb and FOMO. When the IV comes out and FOMO hits me,I’m buying.

Back
Top Bottom