Confirmed please delete

The III is an absolute beast and can handle many, many more firmware updates. A more powerful III might come out but I doubt you’d need more than the turbo can offer.

I'm sure there are people that are totally happy with the original Axe FX and the 2, and I'm happy with my 3.

At this point, I don't think Fractal will change the interface, which I think is the only weak point of the package, but I don't see me perceiving the tone as getting better - I couldn't tell the difference between real amps and demos when the 3 came out and we're many iterations of software later now. Maybe a smaller unit with the same amount of power would make sense, but given the 3 is fairly empty inside and the size of the unit would appear to be dictated by the screen, I'm not sure that a smaller unit would be perceived as better.

If I was in this business, I'd probably be tempted to release new hardware once the sales start to taper off, but given that there's just one Axe FX 3 on Ebay right now (UK), I assume the demand is still there, so I wouldn't have thought the time was now.

Last edited:
Yea I am very new to this unit but it sure doesn’t seem like it needs anything really. Sure navigating the front needs to be learned but in all honestly it isn’t that difficult you just have to use it exclusively for a few weeks. After a few days it was mostly clear. The editor is great. I don’t know, I don’t own an iPad but a tablet version of the software would be great. That might even convince me to buy one, freeing up my laptop for other duties, not that it is a problem like it is. I think Fractal has it right focusing on algorithms, tones, bug fixes, optimizing the soft side. I could be way off base but I passed on QC, Headrush, ToneX, Profiler for the simple fact they seem to understand the customer experience and support them very well.

As for a new version I am waiting for the Axe♾️

Yes. This has been asked on what seems like a monthly basis since the Axe3 was released.
It tells me the search function wasn't used.

If you want an axe3, buy an axe3. Doesnt matter if the 4 drops 5pm today, the 3 is still the 3. Worrying about the future release seems like an incredible way to get less enjoyment out of your current equipment.

OP buy the axe3, love it. Future you will deal with whether or not you are going to buy the axe4.

Being a FM3 user and knowing all that it can do, the III is far from, if ever, being obsolete. The only reason for Fractal to come out with a IV would be if they decided to do a big UI change.

Honestly, I don’t know why I need a 4 with the 3.

The only think that can be improved is the UI of the hardware and some easier shortcut and manipulation in axe edit. So spending 3/4k for that ? No.
Id love a 1u unit with 8x I/O instead of 4 🤷‍♂️ Would be nice to have the option to run multiple effects loops, and also support whole band situations better. So if they could double the dsp too, that would make a killer touring rig. Dont personally care about UI, works for me as is.

Back
Top Bottom