Playing around with my Voodoo Valve

jerotas said:
I swear I tried all the params and never got a result like your rightmost picture, although I wasn't understanding what some of the params were doing. I'll try it again first thing when I get home and look for that gain param specifically..

The modifier curve won't actually look like that but it's what the true response to input level would be. Gain control is on the envelope page of the control menu.

Allright, well here's the best patch I could come up with. The envelope gain parameter did help. It's up to Joe or others to guage if it's as good as the Hush (I don't have one).

Hmmm.. it wouldn't attach and said "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached."
So I guess if anyone wants the patch, email me. Not sure what's going on.

jerotas2005@yahoo.com

jerotas said:
Allright, well here's the best patch I could come up with. The envelope gain parameter did help. It's up to Joe or others to guage if it's as good as the Hush (I don't have one).

Hmmm.. it wouldn't attach and said "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached."
So I guess if anyone wants the patch, email me. Not sure what's going on.

jerotas2005@yahoo.com

http://www.mediafire.com/

This should work in the meantime. It is free, easy and reliable. All of which are good things. :lol:

Ok let's try this again.
Here's my latest attempt at "hush"-ing. What I did that I found to work a little better than the 2 methods decribed so far is to attach the level param of the drive block (since I found that the drive block makes most of the hiss on my patch) to the envelope. So as your notes get quieter and the noise would be coming into hearing range, we actually cut down the drive to create less hiss. The noise gate is off but really not needed now. Pretty cool.

Again I'll leave it up to someone who has owned a HUSH to decide if this is quite up to par.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ttbwt4i62mm6q3u/Mesa Hushed Solo.syx

If anyone finds a way to tweak this better, please share it!

senseix said:
it worked so much better than the Ultra's does.
jerotas said:
than the Ultra's...

Sounds like you guys should try out the Axe-Fx Standard noise gate. I hear it's a lot better. :D

You guys should try out the envelope filter trick that the user "Feared" had in one of his patches. I remember him saying that it wasn't his original idea. Anyways... the envelope filter was connected to volume so it was like a noisegate that was much more smoother and ended up sounding really nice. Try it out.

Clark Kent said:
senseix said:
it worked so much better than the Ultra's does.
jerotas said:
than the Ultra's...

Sounds like you guys should try out the Axe-Fx Standard noise gate. I hear it's a lot better. :D

You guys should try out the envelope filter trick that the user "Feared" had in one of his patches. I remember him saying that it wasn't his original idea. Anyways... the envelope filter was connected to volume so it was like a noisegate that was much more smoother and ended up sounding really nice. Try it out.

I did. I get another 1 second of note from my way :)

Ok i got the hush but switching in the fxloop block incorporates it's own hiss that makes using a noise reduction unit a waste of time. The hiss from switching the fx loop in is louder than that of the fx-loop bypassed with no gate, weird and defeats the purpose.
i'll be giving jerotas patch a try and muck around with feared's method as well, hopefully they will do the trick, from the brief play i already had with feared method it sounds better than the gate on the axe.

Back
Top Bottom