Playback leak on USB recorded track

Hi,

When I record via USB, I can hear slightly the playback on all my USB recorded tracks. This is really an issue.
I first guess this was due to my audio cable interference, but in fact no, because when I record directly via audio (I mean the Axe Fx II out to the in of my sound card), I don't have this problem, the recorded track is "pure").

Has anyone encountered such kind of issue?

Thanks for your help,

Lionel

Last edited:
After other tests, this "leak" happens only using the front Input; it does not happen with the rear input.
Another test shows that the amount of leak is depending on the output 1 volume. The higher is the output 1, the higher is the leak.

So for now, I will stop using the Instr Input; and use read input; But Rear input is more noisy than Instr input, so it is not the best solution...

I hope some one will suggest a better idea :) !

Lionel

I also find that Left channel of the playback is the most important amount of leak, whereas the leak from Right channel is very very low.
(Test done using panoramic on the DAW).
Lionel

Ive had this same problem in Pro Tools. When i have a stereo track with usb, i can still hear my axe fx even if i dont arm or monitor the track. I think its because the axe fx is its own interface, so you can hear it no matter what. When i arm the track though, i get the playback leak like you described. I think its because your hearing the axe fx itself, along with whatever daw your using monitoring the incoming signal from the usb. My solution was when i arm the track and monitor it, i would actually mute it, so that your only hearing the axe fx itself, not through your daw, then you record the axe fx, unmute the track, and it should have the recorded sound without any playback.

Well, I've been reading your answer several time, and I just don't get what you mean. Sorry... My english is not native...
But with other interfaces, the playback (coming from the interface also) has never been leaking on the recording... So I'm surprise to have such a problem with the Axe-Fx II.
Also, this playback leak is recorded on the WET, and on the DRY track.
Furthermore, this only happens when I use the front input. It does not happen when the active input is rear.
Lionel

Well, I've been reading your answer several time, and I just don't get what you mean. Sorry... My english is not native...
But with other interfaces, the playback (coming from the interface also) has never been leaking on the recording... So I'm surprise to have such a problem with the Axe-Fx II.
Also, this playback leak is recorded on the WET, and on the DRY track.
Furthermore, this only happens when I use the front input. It does not happen when the active input is rear.
Lionel

I know my post was a lot to read sorry lol. But what i meant was this. Try recording a track with whatever patch you want. When you monitor/record the track, mute it. If you still hear your axe fx when you mute it, then you shouldnt have any leak when you record. When youre done recording, given that you can still hear the axe fx, unmute it and there should be no leak. Thats what i did when i had leak.

I know my post was a lot to read sorry lol. But what i meant was this. Try recording a track with whatever patch you want. When you monitor/record the track, mute it. If you still hear your axe fx when you mute it, then you shouldnt have any leak when you record. When youre done recording, given that you can still hear the axe fx, unmute it and there should be no leak. Thats what i did when i had leak.

Hi!
Ok, so when I did what you adviced. And unfortunately, muting the track I record does not change to problem.

I alos tried to minimize the leak by recording without the playback, and only with the metronome, but I can still hear the metronome on the recorded track.

Also, I don't use the "monitor" option of the DAW.

It's been years I use the same DAW (cubase SX 3), without such problem. Il will post a drawing or something...

But I sure that the problem is not due to the DAW, but more due to AXE FX II I/O settings.

LIonel

Here is a record example using Instr input of the front panel, and one can here the play back:
With Instr Input.mp3

Here is a record example using Rear input 1 L , and one don't the play back on the recorded track:
With Rear Input 1 L.mp3

In both recording, the only thing I changed is the input on the axe Fx.
Same DAW, same I/O parameters and project in the DAW, same guitar...

:?

Lionel

I'd love to help out but just don't have enough knowledge!! I'm so sorry! :| I really do hope you get it sorted out, as well

Doesn't happen here. Sounds like it's leaking into your guitar to be honest.
Hi Cliff thank you for your answer.

How the guitar could be the problem? This happens with instr input and not with rear input. Then it's not due to the guitar. The guitar is directly pluged in the axe, on the front, or on the rear.

Lionel

Back
Top Bottom