Pitch shifter problem

55bar

Inspired
Pitch shifter set to octave above, need long sustained notes.

The note sustains for a while then breaks up like when a teenager's voice cracks!

Scent from my ismell

Without knowing exactly what you are trying to achieve it's hard to offer a suggestion. I think most, if not all pitch shifters suffer from trying to maintain a perfect correlation to the root note being playing. Especially if the root note being played is given heavy vibrato or being bent a lot, etc. Some might argue that this is also part of their charm. The imperfect nature of the original whammy pedal is actually part of its allure and why it is so sought after. I think this is what you are hearing....that struggle of the algorithm to try to find the octave note.

Maybe try sending the pitch shifted notes through a delay to get some atmospheric sounds as well as "keep" the initial note intact?

Thanks peeps, I can't post my patch as I have just packed all my gear away for a tour now.

I put the pitch first in the chain followed by . COMP, DRIVE, AMP, CAB, VOL BLOCK, CHORUS, DLY, REVERB, PEQ.

Amp Friedman HBE.

I tried messing with the COMP to sustain the note longer but didn't work.

I just though that I may have my signal chain set up wrong.

The pitch fretted note is a C# (8th fret) top E and the pitch is set an octave higher.

It just doesn't sustain very long then you get this horrible "voice break"

Scent from my ismell

Thanks peeps, I can't post my patch as I have just packed all my gear away for a tour now.

I put the pitch first in the chain followed by . COMP, DRIVE, AMP, CAB, VOL BLOCK, CHORUS, DLY, REVERB, PEQ.

Amp Friedman HBE.

I tried messing with the COMP to sustain the note longer but didn't work.

I just though that I may have my signal chain set up wrong.

The pitch fretted note is a C# (8th fret) top E and the pitch is set an octave higher.

It just doesn't sustain very long then you get this horrible "voice break"

Scent from my ismell

What pitch type are you trying to use?

If you dont need to play more than one note at a time, try the whammy as well. Also make sure that you have a good strong input level going into the axe

If you dont need to play more than one note at a time, try the whammy as well. Also make sure that you have a good strong input level going into the axe

This is the reason I hang out here, thank you so much for all your help.

Scent from my ismell

Back
Top Bottom