Pitch Shifter on Ax8

Is that also true, if you are just changing the pitch by a fixed amount, say half step down? Does AX8 need to know, what the pitch is in order to transpose it?
That's affirmative because while the offset may be fixed, the notes you play are not. The machine doesn't know what to shift and will still need the detection time followed by processing time.

Ok....now I'm jonesing for a Kemper, only for the pitch shifter. Any speculation on whether we'll see additional development of the pitch block going forward?

RR

I don't know maybe i am odd one out but i don't find Kemper shift that intresting or even useful ,sounds like a digital wave synth and is kind of annoying actually

Maybe my pitch shift needs are basic , a harmony here or there like Scorps and a stable believable drop tune a 1/2 step down .

Thats it for me

I thought it was awful as well. :)

As a former Kemper owner, I can attest the pitch shifting is flawless and sounds great. that vid is clearly pushing the envelope in order to show it off in ways most wo
I don't know maybe i am odd one out but i don't find Kemper shift that intresting or even useful ,sounds like a digital wave synth and is kind of annoying actually

Maybe my pitch shift needs are basic , a harmony here or there like Scorps and a stable believable drop tune a 1/2 step down .

Thats it for me

As a former Kemper owner, I felt the pitch shifting was great and the vid did a great example of extreme uses of it. The Kemper is actually quite underrated when it comes to effects.

So what is currently the best alternative to the Fractal Pitch shifting? Eventide H9 or TC Sub n Up or something else?

I dont think you can have one pedal to be "the best" ...The problem is that pitch shifting covers a lot of different options.

1. Pitch shifting harmony, where the pitch shifter is giving you a 3rd\5th\etc against what you are playing
2. Whammy style, like what you hear on RATM songs
3. POG style, like what you hear on White Stripes songs
4. Octave down, to make a guitar sound like a bass
5. 12 string tones from a 6 string guitar
6. Organ and synth sounds
etc

For me, I am having a hard time with the AX8 and POG (white stripes) tones... I find the Whammy option to be very usable on the AX8

I have no issues using Fixed Harmony, Intelligent Harmony etc.

CPU is a relevant factor, especially when using PITCH with a pedal.

As the attached preset demonstrates, a smooth, fast Whammy is perfectly possible.
Hi I too am having problems with my AX8 pitch patches and was searching forum this morning for a solution I downloaded this preset and it didn't even work meaning the preset loaded in but there was no sound I even disabled every preset so just shunts across the grid and there was no sound I double checked input and out blocks too then I deleted all of the effect blocks (except pitch) reassigned all of the shunts straight through and it worked not sure if its a fw version conflict from this post and my unit but thought I would chime in. I just want a nice fat meaty distortion guitar with harmony but it appears thats not easily obtained.

Hi I too am having problems with my AX8 pitch patches and was searching forum this morning for a solution I downloaded this preset and it didn't even work meaning the preset loaded in but there was no sound I even disabled every preset so just shunts across the grid and there was no sound I double checked input and out blocks too then I deleted all of the effect blocks (except pitch) reassigned all of the shunts straight through and it worked not sure if its a fw version conflict from this post and my unit but thought I would chime in. I just want a nice fat meaty distortion guitar with harmony but it appears thats not easily obtained.
OK so sorry if this is an old thread Im resurrecting but I do have a self correction (my bad partly) on Yek's preset appears that a larger number of blocks were set on mute if you load this preset be sure to check all blocks Im seeing FX Loop, Amp, Cab & Delay were all set for mute, then I tried intel pitch shift and was was able to get a good sound I switched out a different amp and cab and turned off the GEQs dialed some tweaks and am satisfied with what I'm hearing, need to build a few patches from scratch now to see what I get, its weird the other day it sounded like a cheap pitch peddle from the 80's so guess its going to take some work get where I want to be however white what I just heard I did not experience any worables, glitching and unexpected tones hoping in while I was playing...

OK so sorry if this is an old thread Im resurrecting but I do have a self correction (my bad partly) on Yek's preset appears that a larger number of blocks were set on mute if you load this preset be sure to check all blocks Im seeing FX Loop, Amp, Cab & Delay were all set for mute, then I tried intel pitch shift and was was able to get a good sound I switched out a different amp and cab and turned off the GEQs dialed some tweaks and am satisfied with what I'm hearing, need to build a few patches from scratch now to see what I get, its weird the other day it sounded like a cheap pitch peddle from the 80's so guess its going to take some work get where I want to be however white what I just heard I did not experience any worables, glitching and unexpected tones hoping in while I was playing...
So wanted to share the pitch patch I did tonight its a bit rushed perhaps but has "X" & "Y' with X being a clean 5th and Y dirty 5th, expression 1 has up and down 5th some delay and verb to soften it up a bit, I was using a D SUS & C SUS cords for the clean block and changing warming the expression peddle up and down not too bad so I am liking the tracking now, before I added the pitch block to an already completed patch rather than crafting new one around the pitch block which seams to be better for me guess I need to rethink the Pitch Block and experiment some more but for now its working pretty good.

Attachments

• Harmony 5th @DaveO.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 11
Is there a reason why Fractal could not figure this out?
There's a good bit of processing going down n in the Whammy, so it's one of the first things that will be affected when you get near the CPU limit.

Back
Top Bottom