Pitch block causing throbbing effect... Why?

Stringtheorist

Fractal Fanatic
I have a Pitch block set to Detune added to one of my vintage rock style patches and I've noticed that it creates a deep throbbing bass response on certain notes. Why does this happen and how can I eliminate it?

Stringtheorist said:
I have a Pitch block set to Detune added to one of my vintage rock style patches and I've noticed that it creates a deep throbbing bass response on certain notes. Why does this happen and how can I eliminate it?

Are you running mono or stereo? It sounds like you may be running into some phase issues.

FractalAudio said:
Because the note is out of tune. What do you expect?
I didn't notice it before using my regular guitar but I was playing a Les Paul this morning so it may be exaggerating certain frequencies. All the same, there should be a way to retain the detune effect without the throbbing, no? I use this effect in another preset and I don't get this problem there. I guess I'll examine that preset for differences, and try the LP with that.

Stringtheorist said:
FractalAudio said:
I didn't notice it before using my regular guitar but I was playing a Les Paul this morning so it may be exaggerating certain frequencies. All the same, there should be a way to retain the detune effect without the throbbing, no? I use this effect in another preset and I don't get this problem there. I guess I'll examine that preset for differences, and try the LP with that.

Are you running mono or stereo?

Changing the detune amount or delay time will change how it interacts with outher notes. If you are running in mono and have voice 1 and voice 2 with certain settings it could cause some phasing isues.

javajunkie said:
Stringtheorist said:
FractalAudio said:

Changing the detune amount or delay time will change how it interacts with outher notes. If you are running in mono and have voice 1 and voice 2 with certain settings it could cause some phasing isues.
I'm running in mono.

Stringtheorist said:
javajunkie said:
Stringtheorist said:

Changing the detune amount or delay time will change how it interacts with other notes. If you are running in mono and have voice 1 and voice 2 with certain settings it could cause some phasing issues.
I'm running in mono.

Try using just one voice. Turn the voice 2 level to -80db or set the 2 voices w/ exactly the same parameters.

Back
Top Bottom