AFIII Pink Floyd solos - many songs

fremen

Axe-Master
Vendor
Here's the solo from Pink Floyd's "On the turning away", with firmware 24.05 of the Axe-Fx III. I'm playing over a live backing track of my band, "The Mauritian Tribute to Pink Floyd", with my original guitar track muted.

This new version of my Pink Floyd presets for the Axe-Fx III is the ultimate one, for me :cool: for the first time, I can say I got the sound I had in my head, with the perfect balance between warmth and presence, inspired by the live sounds from "PULSE" and "Delicate sound of thunder" ! After working a couple of weeks on them, I wanted to re-record many solos from my tribute bands setlist. Here's "Comfortably numb" :

...and another take of "Comfortably numb", this time mostly doing my own thing, having fun with the Sustainiac pickup of my Schecter Sun Valley Super Shredder. This one is not to be taken too seriously ;) First solo recorded with a Fender Stratocaster American Ultra FSR

Last one for now : "Time"

More to come !

Last edited:
Gilmour soloes are a wonderful way to start the day. The words that come immediately to mind when I hear them are; thoughtful, lyrical, and tasteful. You captured all of that! For some odd reason, I also love that you did some of them with a Squier. 😁
Thanks for sharing and I look forward to hearing more. Cheers!

Many thanks guys !
Gilmour soloes are a wonderful way to start the day. The words that come immediately to mind when I hear them are; thoughtful, lyrical, and tasteful.
Totally ! And Gilmour has always been a huge influence for me, although I'm more of a metalhead myself.
You captured all of that! For some odd reason, I also love that you did some of them with a Squier. 😁
Thanks for sharing and I look forward to hearing more. Cheers!
Thank you very much ! I'm far from being the best at trying to play like Gilmour, but, I put my heart in it.
That Squier is very special, it comes with dual humbuckers. But when I saw it, I told myself that it would be perfect with the EMG DG20 pickups set (the David Gilmour signature) : it has a Floyd Rose, which is essential for me, I always have issues with traditional vibratos. My Fender Stratocaster American Ultra FSR (used on "Shine on you crazy diamond" above), even with a Vega Trem, don't stay in tune very well in songs like "Comfortably numb". And I tried everything, using a nut lubricant, stretching the strings etc etc.... I won't use it on stage with my Pink Floyd tribute show because the songs blend into another, with no time to tune between songs. This really is a pity, that guitar costs 6 or 7 time the price of the Squier ! So unless someone installs a Floyd Rose on it, it's going to be a studio only instrument.
I wish the Squier was in alder though, compared to other guitars on which I installed a EMG DG20 kit, it's darker sounding

Back
Top Bottom