PigWeed - Eye of the Wasps (9.0!!!)

mortega76

Fractal Fanatic
Let me start off by saying again... I'm really loving how great 9.0 sounds... thank you Cliff!!!

This new track is based on a track that our percussionist/guitarist had, I almost completely changed it and I must say that I think this is some of our best work yet... I can't wait to hear what our singer/screamer adds to this track... or what I can add to this track... I've been working on this track off an on (every chance I got) for the last week...

This patch is a revised version of my "Ascending" patch... but without the MBC and without the GEQ. The patch uses Jay's Gold NF Center IR... I would have uploaded the IR but I can't seem to find it when I moved to Windows 7.

All guitars and bass tracks were done with the Axe-fx 9.0.

I'd love to hear what everyone thinks of the new track...

PigWeed - Eye of the Wasps Soundclick

PigWeed - Eye of the Wasps High Quality Download

Edit: I was trying to add the patch but I keep getting "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached." what' sup with that?!?

Edit2: I tried to upload the patch again and it didn't work... same thing... "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached."

I had to listen at a pretty low volume (wife is sleeping in next room), but that sounds great! I love the simplicity of the main riff. It just let's the tone bark... and then the 2nd guitar's little run... perfect.

SUP? :mrgreen:

Yeah, I'm really diggin this one MO,,,,,,great job. it has a real "bigness" to it. at least to me anyway.,,,I like the way the kick and bass sound too ;)

ANNNNNNDD,,, is that a little of (Poltergeist Pig),, I hear in there? :lol:

MOSHON
DAVE

Mo,

Rippin'! :twisted: That was so good I started singing along.

I don't know if you're planning a fade-out, but the bass & drum ending is crying out for some at"mo"spheric noises at the end.

Also, the effected break-down around 3:00 has some overload distortion, I think. It's a little crisp and crackly. Maybe a little level adjustment.

All in all, though, that was friggin' sweet. You rock!

Sidivan: Awesome!! I'm glad you like it Sid... this one is my new favorite track of ours...

D20: Thanks for the great comment D... this one is gonna rock live!!!

Moshwitz: Thanks Mosh, You know what... Poltergeist Pig would have been great in that middle part... I'm gonna try it to record it with that patch! This was using Cakewalk's Modulation DXi.

HailHalford: I have not idea what were gonna do for vocals yet, I'd love to hear what you got for this one... I'll try to re-record the part at 3:00 with Poltergeist Pig (thanks Mosh for the idea!!!).

AlbertA: That's exactly what I was looking for on the ending part... good ear for that!!!

Javajunkie: That means a lot coming for the Java-meister! Thanks!!! :D

JohnnyRockit: Thank you for listening to our stuff Johnny!

Sindustry: Hey there Sin, thanks for taking the time to listen to our stuff!!! Are you located in San Antonio by any chance? I could have sworn there was a band called Sindustry here in SA...

Thanks again fellas... I went ahead and lowered the drums by 1db and lowered the kick drum another (1) db. I also put a limiter on the middle "effect" part... let me know what you guys think!

Updated the Soundclick file...

Great song, MO! As always, a perfect combo of aggressiveness and melody. Although I think I heard that chuggy main riff already somewhere else, the whole package is great. Your tunes cry for vocals, bro! The mix is perfect, I wouldn't change a dB on anything.

Back
Top Bottom