Phase Invert block?

Rich G.

Experienced
Is there a simple block that has a Phase Invert option? I found it in the Enhancer, but I need a couple of them.

Which parameter? Manual (11.03) does not have Phase listed as a parameter:

TYPE – Sets the type of filter to Null, Lowpass, Bandpass, Highpass, Low Shelf, High Shelf, Peaking, Notch, or
Tilt EQ. A NULL type has no effect on frequency response and turns this block as a simple gain control.
FREQ – Sets the center frequency of the filter.
ORDER – Selects different filter slopes. 2nd = 12 dB/ octave, 4th = 24 dB/ octave
Q – Sets the “Q” of the filter. Higher values give sharper responses.
GAIN – Sets the gain at the center frequency for the shelving and peaking filter types.
LOWCUT, HICUT – These first-order filters provide additional tone-shaping capabilities.
LEVEL – Sets the output volume level of the block.
BAL – Sets the output balance of the block.
PAN L, PAN R – These controls allow you to adjust the placement of the left and right output signals for
stereo width adjustment or stereo-to-mono conversion.
BYP – Sets the bypass mode of the block. See Common Mix Parameters on p.115 for more information.

The param you're looking for is INVERT.

Also try the CLASSIC ENHANCER with WIDTH set to 0 and INVERT BOTH.

The param you're looking for is INVERT.

Also try the CLASSIC ENHANCER with WIDTH set to 0 and INVERT BOTH.

Thanks! Must be a new parameter that hasn't made it to the manual yet. I didn't see it in AxeEdit either- I must have just missed it... or maybe it's not there yet either. Can't check it now as I'm not connected to my AxeFx (Cast another vote for offline mode. ;) )

I did see it in the Enhancer, but I needed two inverters.

Thanks! Must be a new parameter that hasn't made it to the manual yet. I didn't see it in AxeEdit either- I must have just missed it... or maybe it's not there yet either. Can't check it now as I'm not connected to my AxeFx (Cast another vote for offline mode. ;) )

I did see it in the Enhancer, but I needed two inverters.

It is in Axe-edit, I'm pretty sure. It was added a few firmwares back along with the first order filters.

Phase inverter, huh? Somebody trying to figure out James Hetfield's mysterious secret phase inverted Triaxis IIC+ rack settings?

Because if they figure it out, let me know.

Phase inverter, huh? Somebody trying to figure out James Hetfield's mysterious secret phase inverted Triaxis IIC+ rack settings?

Because if they figure it out, let me know.

Ha! No... I never heard of that one.

I've an idea for double-tracked sounding guitar that will work well mono or stereo.

The idea is to split the guitar signal between two different amp blocks where one path has some ms modulated amp input signal to simulate the subtle difference in pick attack... then take the difference between the two paths thus removing the fundamental and leaving the harmonics... then add the remaining back into the main amp path.

Just an idea. It may sound awful and hollow or with a few tweaks it may sound huge. We'll see! ;)

Back
Top Bottom