Pete Thorn plays "Homage" on the Axe FX 2

I recently picked up a Suhr Classic and the buttery amp sim jumped out as a great sim for that guitar. It really loves the single coils.

sure! where do I post them?

Thanks Pete! Looking forward to trying these out. And then the inevitable crushing disappointment when I'm reminded that tone is mostly in the player's hands. Nevertheless, I always get motivated to work harder after listening/watching your playing.

I love that tune, along with the whole CD. Was great to see how you play it and the way the sounds sit into the backing track was great. Great job - more please!

Pete you can post them in this thread or in the share/request pre set section or option 3 just include them in the private message I sent you. Thanks!!

Pete's tone

Regarding the comment above about the tone being mainly in the fingers...

Great story which is said to be true about Chet Atkins (but I repeat it here without any proof or promise of authenticity....)

Someone in the studio with Chet during a session says "Man that's an amazing sounding guitar!"...
Chet puts the guitar down against the wall, stands back and says "So, how's it sound now?".

Even if it's not true, it's a great story.

Time to go practice now.

Lou

Regarding the comment above about the tone being mainly in the fingers...

Great story which is said to be true about Chet Atkins (but I repeat it here without any proof or promise of authenticity....)

Someone in the studio with Chet during a session says "Man that's an amazing sounding guitar!"...
Chet puts the guitar down against the wall, stands back and says "So, how's it sound now?".

Even if it's not true, it's a great story.

Time to go practice now.

Lou

This reminds me of a story I read about Paul Kossoff. apparently during the recording of Free's Heartbreaker album Paul wouldn't turn up to sessions. Various guys were drafted in to play on some of the tracks but when they picked Paul's guitar and played through his rig with his settings it sounded like S&*T. When Paul eventually walked into the studio and picked up the same guitar, well, the results were legendary.

Thank you! That means alot, you guys are very kind. Thanks for plunking down your $ for my tunes!

When I get a sec I'll upload these presets

Hi Pete, yes this is inspiring indeed, and challenging for many players, at the same time.
Noticeable by the many replies on this topic.
Thanks for sharing of course.

Would like to know, how to lay my hands on the backing tracks (and lessons) if available ?

Great song, great playing, all very nice.
Thanks

Pete bought the cd. Very cool. Now again we need tab for Homage at least. Quit making me send all my money to Guthrie!! LOL!

Back
Top Bottom