Pete Thorn plays "Homage" on the Axe FX 2

Very nice ! It's awesome how playing with the AxeFX II leaves you with a smile when you're done... Partly because it sound and feels so good, and partly because you're amazed at the technology behind it... I had the same thing get caught on video...

Now to buy Pete's CD... thanks for sharing !

Sounds great Pete. I've held off purchasing the CD since you previously indicated on Facebook that you would make the Guitar Nerd Lessons available again. Will the CD & lessons be available again? Will the lessons be available seperately? Are you thinking of updating the lessons with the Axe-fx II?

Hi y'all, I put together 5 presets and played the song "Homage" from my album "Guitar Nerd", top to bottom, switching sounds using the MFC-101. I just muted all the solo/melody guitars in my original album session, made a new stereo track, and jammed along... it was fun! Hope you dig!

EDIT oops I guess I dunno how to embed video here? Can anyone help? Thanks...
Gotcha covered dude - ~GuitarDojo

Hey Pete great playing. Just wondered what you like about the AXE FX 2 compared to the G system? I'm thinking of switching from the g sys to the axe fx and just wanted some feedback seeing as you've played with both. Thanks Paul

.....you previously indicated on Facebook that you would make the Guitar Nerd Lessons available again. Will the CD & lessons be available again? Will the lessons be available seperately? Are you thinking of updating the lessons with the Axe-fx II?

+1.

Which firmware vers was that?

I'll add my wow to the list. Nice stuff, I will be buying the download for certain.
I'm hopefully only a few weeks away from getting delivery of my AxeII.... So I'm wondering Pete, if that recording and/or video re-record was made using v3 firmware?

If it was, I can't wait to get my hands on those tones.

If it wasn't, and v3 is even somehow more expressive .... Well, then I'm not sure if I can imagine that...

Lou

Thanks for listening, and for the props! The patches I created from scratch, they aren't stock presets. It's the 2.0 firmware... I haven't seen 3 yet but I'm really excited to make my own IR's!

These patches use some stock IR's in the Axe 2, and some Red Wirez ones I loaded in (SM57 on basketweave w/greenbacks, off axis and also at cap edge).

Thanks again dudes!

Thanks for listening, and for the props! The patches I created from scratch, they aren't stock presets. It's the 2.0 firmware... I haven't seen 3 yet but I'm really excited to make my own IR's!

These patches use some stock IR's in the Axe 2, and some Red Wirez ones I loaded in (SM57 on basketweave w/greenbacks, off axis and also at cap edge).

Thanks again dudes!

Thanks for the info :)

Fantastic in every respect, the phrasing and melodies are superb. I just bought your album and it all sounds great. Cheers!

One can only marvel at the discipline it takes to develop the guitar playing skills on display here.
This is where the bar is, folks. Awesome.

B.

One can only marvel at the discipline it takes to develop the guitar playing skills on display here.
This is where the bar is, folks. Awesome.

B.

for me.. the bar is Guthrie and my pal Alex Hutchings..
these guys set the bar so high ya just can't see it... lol...

Back
Top Bottom