performaxe - anyone using these?

Chewie5150

Fractal Fanatic
Just saw a Tim Pierce vid and he shows this accessory. Think I may pick one of these up. I play sitting down 90% of the time so this seems it would really help with posture/ergonomics.

Attachments

• performaxe.jpg
    performaxe.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 134
Looks cool but personally I’d put that money towards a chair that feels good on my tush and back when I sit and play for extended periods. My current computer chair is lousyyyyy. When I give my student a lesson at his house, I sit on this keyboard stool thing he has and it’s perfecttttt. It’s a flat rectangle and lets me get the guitar across my body on a bit of a diagonal and I can really bring my fretting hand/arm out and under

So, the guitar in my profile pic is built on the Klein design. It's amazing, particularly since I was a trained classical player. When my strap is adjusted right, I can sit and stand with exactly the same position and feel.

The Performaxe gets me pretty close to that, but not all the way. It does work better on the left leg as far as good, high neck-up position goes. I'm using it with my T5z now, and trying to make it work on my right leg. I find that 12-fret guitars are definitely better on the left leg for me.

As for a seat, just give the Roc n Soc drum throne a shot, if you haven't already. The Guitar Chair is phenomenal though.

Just saw a Tim Pierce vid and he shows this accessory. Think I may pick one of these up. I play sitting down 90% of the time so this seems it would really help with posture/ergonomics.
I got the Performaxe attachment earlier this year and I suppose the best review I have of it is that I don't think about / notice it when playing. I'm usually sitting at my desk when practicing so it gets the guitar in a better position. I use it with my right leg mostly as that's most similar to where the guitar would be when hanging with a strap.

I signed up for email notification when product was avail. I completely forgot about this until finally getting email today. Ordered. pricey though. ouch. Since I play sitting down like 90% of the time I figure its worth it.

I had found one used for 60% of the price. I think its a tad expensive what it is, but might be good for uncomfortable guitars.

But I will say that depending on the guitar, it might throw the balance off a tad. I had it on a V because lol sitting with a V haha. But I don't like keeping it on the V when I'm standing with it.

Okay, seems like that would be a little odd with a V...

But really, I'm chiming in just to say that I often have trouble getting the Performaxe to stay attached to my T5z. Thickness is just under the maximum. Not really a big deal, but can still be a pain.

I've been using a wide leather strap with an Emerald Virtuo I recently picked up, and that is working pretty well.

Now I just need to figure out the strap for my McPherson Sable. Most likely just need to punch a large hole in the strap for the bottom button.

Anyway, the Performaxe is great. I've never had the opportunity to play a .strandberg, but I absolutely love the ergonomics my Orion (Klein-based). It's essentially perfect.

I use the Performaxe. It's great!

When not using it, i tend to crouch more to get the guitar in a better playing position, but with the Performaxe i can keep my back straight.

I used to have lots of issues with pain in my hands and arms, but after taking lots of lessons in anatomy and posture for musicians i'm doing a lot better. One issue that turned up after correcting my posture was that the guitar felt too low with a straight back and good shoulder posture. The Performaxe solved that problem for me.

I hate having my guitar on the left knee, it feels very unatural to me.

I have my strap so that it's the exactly same position when i sit as when i stand, but i prefer the guitar higher up so if i sit with my back straight the guitar will be supported with the strap only. Using the Performaxe takes takes the weight off my shoulder.

I admit this is highly priced but bit the bullet cuz for years I'm tired of trying to lean forward and get in that accessible position while sitting down. Strap will get you the right height you want but not necessarily the angle off your leg. I do like the left leg /classical type position for more technical practice. I'm surprised there arent more ppl making these kinds of things off 3d printers and selling on Etsy for example or at least the last time i checked.

After being on a long waitlist and a lengthy delivery time my Performaxe finally arrived from Italy. What I can tell you is that its certainly not cheaply made though i'm not sure it justifies the price but it's very well constructed. It has some weight to it. Perhaps its made of Unobtanium, Vibranium or even Adamantium. It does make quite a difference in the ergonomics sitting down which is how I play most of the time.

Attachments

• performaxe.jpg
    performaxe.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 33
After being on a long waitlist and a lengthy delivery time my Performaxe finally arrived from Italy. What I can tell you is that its certainly not cheaply made though i'm not sure it justifies the price but it's very well constructed. It has some weight to it. Perhaps its made of Unobtanium, Vibranium or even Adamantium. It does make quite a difference in the ergonomics sitting down which is how I play most of the time.
You turned it into a trem? Impressive.

Back
Top Bottom