Pedals, pedals, pedals

GibsonLesPaul

Experienced
Hi,
I'm not a user yet, but that will not last for long.
Thinking of my setup, besides the 101 midi controller, some pedals.
Can you, experienced users give me a clue, hom much I need.
At least, afaik now I want volume, wah, whammy.
Do I need 3 separate pedals for that, or can I combine something.

Then which pedals are possible on the Axe?
I heard about mission, but other brands?
Which types for the usage described above?

Many thanks in advance

I think the average user is fine with just 1 or 2 expression pedals. As you will assign them to external controls anyway, you can freely change their purpose with every preset individually.

It's good to have one pedal permanently assigned to volume and one expression pedal as a "joker", controlling either wah, whammy or other stuff depending on the preset.
This way, you can always quickly turn down the volume in case something goes wrong.

from my very limited experience with axe effects, it's not so much as "what is available" as what do you want?

Much like the amps, any effect that is configured is someones opinion of what xyz pedal is like (or what it does). There are a bunch of wah pedals, each with their own twist on the wah sound. You could probably do any/all of them on the axe because instead of buying a pedal pre-configured for a specific range or toggle for the wah, you have to configure it yourself from a wide range of options. It's much more than plug a pedal in-line and twirl the knobs. It's select an effect, then twirl the knobs to get the sound you want - whatever that is.

i use two boss fbv500 expression pedals and with x/y i can have volume, wah, whammy, whatever on pretty much any patch.

It's good to have one pedal permanently assigned to volume and one expression pedal as a "joker", controlling either wah, whammy or other stuff depending on the preset.

this

as you go along, you may find you need more, but i think two is a good start

the mfc defaults so that one of the pedals is tied to output 1 volume. it's a good idea to change this, imo, so that the pedal is attached to an external controller instead. you can then map it to a volume block inside the preset, after the cab, but before the time based fx

this

as you go along, you may find you need more, but i think two is a good start

the mfc defaults so that one of the pedals is tied to output 1 volume. it's a good idea to change this, imo, so that the pedal is attached to an external controller instead. you can then map it to a volume block inside the preset, after the cab, but before the time based fx

I think I will come back to this when I have it in my hands ;)
Thanks!

I initially went with 2. I have since decided to add a third, this way I can have dedicated wah and volume and one to control other parameters.

If it helps, I use three. I use a EB for volume, and two Mission pedals one used for wha or whammy, (depending on the preset) and the other is a swiss army knife used for a bunch of different functions again depending on the patch. The Mission pedals are very sturdy. Boss and EB's have a better throw and are easier to control.

If it helps, I use three. I use a EB for volume, and two Mission pedals one used for wha or whammy, (depending on the preset) and the other is a swiss army knife used for a bunch of different functions again depending on the patch. The Mission pedals are very sturdy. Boss and EB's have a better throw and are easier to control.
Just like the post above you, it seems I'm gonna use 3. That will control most of the things I want. Thanks!

The H or L Boss FV500s both will work, as the expression connection used is not tied to the impedance. I use the H one.

I use 2 Boss FV-500H & 2 FV-500L. I bought the H & L just in case I need to use them as real volume pedals someday. I've also used a KORG EXP-2 and I converted old Dunlop GCB95 Cry Baby Wah pedals. I personally like using the Boss FV-500 for expression pedals. I also use a DIY 4 momentary foot switch pedal but I have them set to toggle in my MFC-101.

Back
Top Bottom