Patiently waiting for 9.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.
electronpirate said:
And yes, unless I'm missing something, how is the title ironic?

Maybe it's ironic in an Alanis Morrisette kind of way? :twisted: :mrgreen:

electronpirate said:
biggness said:
And yes, unless I'm missing something, how is the title ironic?

The irony is what I what I wonder about too. The irony could be that while we are patiently awaiting it, its being uploaded. :) Or it could mean that the company has been sold to line6 or digitech and there will never be a 9.0 :(

If 9.0 or whatever the next release is, is what people expect, and is a great release with wonderful new epiphanies about tube amps and new models; that isn't exactly ironic... it's been the norm around here.

I believe the irony is that, while the OP states that he is 'patiently waiting', the fact that the thread exists implies a lack of patience. To be fair, the title was phrased in the form of a question.

electronpirate said:
I've been married for 11 years. Half the time I'm more excited to hear her say 'Let's order some Pizza and beer for dinner and watch the game'.

I've been married 20. I love pizza and beer, but if I get to the point where that and the prospect of watching a bunch of sweaty men excites me more than my wife buying sexy lingerie, would someone here please do me a favor and shoot me? Thanks.

zentman said:
Will this be the update that finally leaves us poor standard users behind? :? :shock: :(

Please no! I've been following here for a long time and just finally got my standard!

shaddow said:
zentman said:
Will this be the update that finally leaves us poor standard users behind? :? :shock: :(

Please no! I've been following here for a long time and just finally got my standard!
I think all users will benefit from the update.

shaddow said:
zentman said:

No! Ayee yah, this is how rumours get started. In the entire history of all updates for the Axe-Fx, there has never yet been an updated firmware version available for one model but not the other.

yea from what cliff has hinted at it doesn't sound like anything the Standard can't handle, it sounds more like a reconfiguring or tweaking rather then more processing power being applied. But who knows refresh refresh refresh until then lol

zentman said:

:? Hasn't... that... Already happened?

:twisted: :lol: Mwuu-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-haaaaaaa!

;) Just kidding!

raz said:
electronpirate said:
I've been married for 11 years. Half the time I'm more excited to hear her say 'Let's order some Pizza and beer for dinner and watch the game'.

I've been married 20. I love pizza and beer, but if I get to the point where that and the prospect of watching a bunch of sweaty men excites me more than my wife buying sexy lingerie, would someone here please do me a favor and shoot me? Thanks.

I did say 'half the time'.

Regardless, I guess I see the point of the irony. Not quite irony. More passive aggressive. Somewhat analogous to 'Are we there yet?

i neeeeeeeeeeeeeed firmware! This is like waiting for the first lord of the rings movie, i can't take it lol :lol:

steadystate said:
I believe the irony is that, while the OP states that he is 'patiently waiting', the fact that the thread exists implies a lack of patience. To be fair, the title was phrased in the form of a question.
Exactly... I should have stated...

Patiently waiting... for 9.0 (instead of 8.10)?

Thinking that maybe Cliff had a whole heap of "epiphanies" and is ready to drop 9.0 on the masses!!! As always, I didn't mean anything by it, don't mean to rush Cliff by any means... he knows his own schedule and it will be released when it's damn well ready to be released (I wouldn't want it any other way).

Also, by the looks of this thread it looks like a bunch of us are "patiently" twiddling our F5 "thumbs". :D

Speaking of "F5"... anyone hear that Brock may have the H1N1 and he had to postpone his match to Jan. 2nd?

wwe352da9vo.jpg

That guy is freaking strong... watch this crazy video back in his WWE days... fast forward to 7 minutes in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDElCeDsVm4

Hey guys,

instead of a new firmware release (again) I would much prefer to see the MFC101 hitting the stage ...

Don't get me wrong, I love the flexibility of the Axe-FX and of course I like to have new gadgets (amps, FXs, what ever), but I think there are other things that are more important for the real live on stage. For example my two brand new Atomic Reactors :mrgreen: and of course the hopefully soon to come FAS footcontroller.

just my 2 Cents
Michael

GuitarDojo said:
electronpirate said:
I find it interesting that a thread that was started 3 hours ago is already at 4 pages. (On our relatively small volume board.)

Shows how we are:

-Anxious
-Spoiled
-Lucky

-Lonely
-Fanatic (Stalker)
-Jobless

:lol:
x2 :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back