Patiently waiting for 9.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mortega76

Fractal Fanatic
I'm in Washington DC right now (since Friday) and I was 'afraid' that I would miss the 8.10 firmware release whole I was out here and I'd have a crazy anxious couple of days out here... Well, it didn't come, yet...

In my (our) waiting for the faster patch changeing and improved Bo(g)ner models I was thinking that we might get something 'more'...maybe 9.0 with improved cabs? Improved amp modeling, during his analysis of the Bogner he has many 'aha!' moments?

What do you guys think?

The teasers for this firmware have me riled up like a kid on Christmas eve. What, we've got modeling epiphanies (plural!), dead nuts Bogners, faster patch switching, an improved rotary sim, and I might have missed some since I haven't been checking the site as often.

Of course, Cliff had me at Bogner. ;)

Be it 8.10, 8.2, 8.5, 9.0 or whatever; these teasers are all things that have me saying.... "Yes! Yes! Yes!"

Another Bogner model to add to what is already there has me all giddy like a schoolgirl. Faster patch switching. Redone rotary effect (YES!!!).

And the most enticing thing going: Cliff noted in a post that he has had 'several epiphanies' about tube amps that he is incorporating. And as anyone that's been around any length of time in this Axe-FX universe... that means the possibilities of more coolness is eminent.

Standing by...

OK must have got my 'view new post' screwed up because I have not heard of these tidbits.

ngstime said:
Improved Bogner models? :)

FractalAudio said:
Patience. Good things come to those who wait.

The reason I haven't released it is because I just got hold of a Bogner Ecstasy 20th Anniv. I'm redoing the Bogner models based on my analysis of this. I've got them really close right now but still need a bit of fine tuning.

shredi knight said:
ngstime said:
Improved Bogner models? :)

FractalAudio said:
Patience. Good things come to those who wait.

The reason I haven't released it is because I just got hold of a Bogner Ecstasy 20th Anniv. I'm redoing the Bogner models based on my analysis of this. I've got them really close right now but still need a bit of fine tuning.
Cant wait.

mwd said:
OK must have got my 'view new post' screwed up because I have not heard of these tidbits.

FractalAudio said:
hunter said:
So Cliff what's the deal with this new firmware? :shock:

I can't say lest the competition figure it out. I've had several new epiphanies about tube amps lately.

Also, the Leslie sim has been completely rewritten. The rotors have their own motors and speed up/slow down at different rates. The effect of the cabinet itself has been taken into account along with the freq. response of the HF horn.

I hadn't seen this "epiphanies" post before, I had to search for it. :D

The secret to 'keeping up' is to just pull up Cliff's account here (fractalaudio) and search all his posts. Then start reading.

I've learned more about the Axe-FX from doing that than most any other method (no offense to all the tremendous help from everyone else!).

Scott Peterson said:
The secret to 'keeping up' is to just pull up Cliff's account here (fractalaudio) and search all his posts. Then start reading.

I've learned more about the Axe-FX from doing that than most any other method (no offense to all the tremendous help from everyone else!).

That's how I found the quote from Cliff (though I usually prefer to look up my own posts and laugh at all my hilarious smart-a$$ replies :mrgreen: ).

Scott Peterson said:
Be it 8.10, 8.2, 8.5, 9.0 or whatever; these teasers are all things that have me saying.... "Yes! Yes! Yes!"

Another Bogner model to add to what is already there has me all giddy like a schoolgirl. Faster patch switching. Redone rotary effect (YES!!!).

And the most enticing thing going: Cliff noted in a post that he has had 'several epiphanies' about tube amps that he is incorporating. And as anyone that's been around any length of time in this Axe-FX universe... that means the possibilities of more coolness is eminent.

Standing by...
Ooohhh missed the part about the amp mods and the epiphanies and rotary...

mortega76 said:
Scott Peterson said:

Standing by...
Ooohhh missed the part about the amp mods and the epiphanies and rotary...
You dont have your axe-fx with you, do you?

FractalAudio said:
I think the title of the thread is ironic.

Ironic???

You mean you're starting over and it's going to be firmware version 0.9?

(Ok, maybe the "Patiently" waiting is the ironic part. :p )

FractalAudio said:
I think the title of the thread is ironic.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I dread to think how many times the Documents folder has been refreshed since the start of this thread!

When 9.0 (or whatever) is finally released you should show a chart of how frequently the page was hit and list the top 10 "patient people" with the number of hits they did since the initial hint of the next update!!! I am guessing that a few people will have managed triple figures... :shock: !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom