Patch panel options.. HELP

Is output 3 what everyone uses for FOH? I didn't know if they used outout 1 or if it matters lol. I've always used amps/half stacks and relied on others to mic it and do their thing.. so I'm new to all this. I know some of my questions may seem basic but I gotta start somewhere haha

Thats just what I use for mine. My output 1 & 2 are going to my power amp and then to the top and bottom of my 8x10 cab. Output 3 is going to FOH. You can do it however you want. There's a lot of different ways to go about your setup. I assure you that sometime tomorrow there's going to be a lot of others show up here and give you different ideas than what I told you. Just take in all the suggestions and then figure out the way you feel is best for you. Theres no "right" or "wrong" way but there is definitely "easy" and "hard". There's a lot of really smart folks on this board and a lot of us who have been playing for decades so just take it all in as it comes and then decide what you feel is best from all the info. Once you get an idea of what you want it helps if you draw it out on paper to get your mind wrapped around what you're doing and what you need to order.

Will do. This forum has been great for answering everything I've came across so far. I'm definitely open to suggestions..especially since alot of you are way more experienced with this stuff. I appreciate your help! It means alot

Will do. This forum has been great for answering everything I've came across so far. I'm definitely open to suggestions..especially since alot of you are way more experienced with this stuff. I appreciate your help! It means alot

That's what forums are for right? ;) Just make sure you come back and show us what you ended up doing. Also, it doesn't matter how old you are or how long you've been doing something...you're always learning something new. If you're not then you've gone as far as you can go.

I have changed my panel a couple of times at the moment i have out 1 L/R, out 2L/R, 6pin midi to my rjm, input 2, out 2 L/R

Attachments

• 20191111_173755.jpg
    20191111_173755.jpg
    334.8 KB · Views: 61
Man... VaFam used to be THE MAN around here for that. Sadly he passed a few years ago. I know that doesn't help you, I was just taking the opportunity to pay homage. I still have my panel he built me, but honestly, I have now found the ins/outs of the III so complete that I really don't need one anymore. I have gone super light and compact these days (vs my heavy ass 10 space I used to employ).

Redco looks like a really good website for this though.
https://www.redco.com/Simple-Custom-Panel-Designer.html
** I have never ordered from them and can not vouch for their work.

That said... if you are finding yourself at home for say.. the next 3-4 weeks ... like I am.... could be a fun DYI project. They are not hard to make... just takes a little time and patience. Soldering irons are pretty cheap. Best of luck!
I was wondering what happened to him. God rest his soul.

My rack panel stuff is mostly from him.

Old SoundGuy has to say it: in many cases, patch panels are an excellent way to increase the number of cables and connection points — and thus failure points — in any audio system. Always take a hard look at need vs. convenience, and always buy the best quality your budget allows.

Back
Top Bottom