Patch change GR-55 ith Axe-FX

Angus Rickard

I have a Roland GR-55 running into my Axe-FX's FX Input 2/FX Return and output a blend of the guitar tone and Roland midi tone. I would like to change both the Axe-FX patch and the GR-55 patch in changing preset on the MFC-101. I imagine that, theoretically, this is possible but am finding this very difficult to set up.

Does anyone know how to program particular CC messages to the MFC-101's buttons and/or the Axe-FX's midi out? Or, is there another way to do this? I'm a bit of a newb but have spent a couple of days reading online and am stuck.

I've been successful in programming the GR-55 so that incoming CC messages select particular patches.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this so please accept my apologies if it's incorrect.

Thanks in advance.

All good everyone. I got it to work. I needed to do the following.
Axe-FX II: I/O - Midi - Midi Thru - On
GR-55: Edit - System - Midi/USB - Bank 0 then PC 1 corresponds to X000, PC 2 corresponds to X001, PC 3 to X002 etc.

Hi Angus
Do you still use your GR55 and I am wondering if you now use a Axe Fx 3. I have a Axe 3 and bought a GR55 once again. It will be the 3rd that I have owned. I used to run the Boss GT100 and the GR55 together and loved it. Sold both of those a few year ago to buy the Axe Fx 2. Any ways I may need to pick your brain a little when I get to hooking it up midi.

Back
Top Bottom