Parameter Elimination

Status
Not open for further replies.
If ditching these parameters meant we gained something tangible as a replacement - depending on what that would be - I'd be fine losing some of these parameters.

I love thunk! I use it to an extreme to screw up my sound in a really cool way. Pick attack is something I use frequently to "percuss" a clean sound...it really makes a part pop out of a track. And, when doing client work in the studio, Amp Voicing can be a quick and easy fix. This is not a complaint, but when working with others in a studio setting the granularity and sheer number of options in any given amp can be a bit overwhelming and time-consuming, especially since I haven't collected enough "go-to" rigs yet. So I definitely appreciate the broad-stroke parameters.

I'm a little late to the party, but here's input... I use them and would like them to stay around. Moving them into a new sub menu like some have mentioned here might be the best way to please everyone. Thanks for asking.

What about:

1. One at a time, disable a parameter in the firmware but leave it in the front panel interface and AE.
2. Continue slowly disabling them, one or two per firmware release.
3. A year after all have been disabled, repost this thread, but reveal said parameters really have done nothing for a year.

So it would go more like this: "Hey, parameters 1,2,3,4,5... have been disabled in the firmware for over year, time to cleanup the UI..."

I just started messing with Character and Character Freq a week or two back (along with Definition) and have been loving them on a couple of amps that were close but 100% there for me. I would definitely want to understand what to tweak *instead* to get similar results if they went away. I've saved a couple of modded amp blocks based on just those params.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom