Pantera

I miss the original Pantera, but they broke up anyway before Darrel was shot. if they were still together would they sound exactly as you remembered? I bet not, does Metalica? We are all getting old, and we change. It looks like to me they put on a good show for a bunch of old dudes still loving to play music.

I was lucky to have seen the original line up twice. They were great live.

I listened to the Walk clip and it grooves. No two players that have musical identities play the same thing exactly the same way except for those players who want to chase the musical mimicry of trying to clone an artist to the level of exactness that even most of their copied artists do not strive for.

A whole lot better than it could of went. Sounded very tight, they got their practice in before it all kicked off.
I'm here for it, a celebration of Pantera.

I always felt that Zakk did a great job with Randy's stuff so expected nothing less of him with Darrell's.

Old man side note : The sheer number of people holding up cellphones to record instead of being in the moment is pretty surprising but I guess for people now, it wasn't a moment if you didn't record it.

One reason I can't fucking stand to go to live shows anymore. Unless you're on the front row, you're just looking at people recording shit on their phones that they will never look at again. I don't really care about them, but it takes ME out of the moment. I miss when people went to enjoy bands, and not worry about their IG feeds.

Anyone knows what Zakk is using for guitar rig? Could it be Fractal? It definitely isn't an amp on stage, as they clearly only have drums on stage according to various recordings from the production on stage. I guess it could be an amp in Iso-chamber, but there is some heavy processing going on to widen the sound.

Back
Top Bottom