Palmer PDI-09 IR in UltraRes Format

Thank you for sharing this IRS!
I found that almost same thing can be done by using equalizer block :)
here is a quick try to manage it
first goes "Palmer Norm UltraRes" and then goes single block with parametric EQ

The second one has a lot more mids, just my 2cts

When I try to send these IR's to my Axe, I'm getting an error box that says "Unable to import file, file format is not supported".

Anyone know what I'm supposed to do? This works fine for my other IR's

When I try to send these IR's to my Axe, I'm getting an error box that says "Unable to import file, file format is not supported".

Anyone know what I'm supposed to do? This works fine for my other IR's

Are you using Fractal-Bot, CabLab or Axe-Edit? Which version of the firmware are you running?

I have a ca. 10 years old PGA 04, does that qualify? I wouldn't know how to turn it into good IRs, it has so many tonal options because of all the variable filtering. Also, how would you give it a proper load without driving it with an amp?

If you can guide me how to do it, I will give it a shot. I'd like to replicate my conventional rig inside the axe-fx (Marshall Silver Jubilee and Palmer PGA 04).

Last edited:
I have a ca. 10 years old PGA 04, does that qualify? I wouldn't know how to turn it into good IRs, it has so many tonal options because of all the variable filtering. Also, how would you give it a proper load without driving it with an amp?

If you can guide me how to do it, I will give it a shot. I'd like to replicate my conventional rig inside the axe-fx (Marshall Silver Jubilee and Palmer PGA 04).

It should be really easy. Follow this guide;
http://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/axe-fx-2/Axe-Fx-II-ir-capture.pdf

For your PGA04, just send Output 2L from the AxeFXII to the Palmer, and send the XLR filtered signal out of the Palmer back to Input 2L on the AxeFXII. Don't use any of the "load box" functionality of the Palmer. Adjust levels accordingly to get a good signal level. Capture as many flavors of the PGA04 as you want from there. I did the three variations (bright, normal and mellow) on my PDI09 in about 5 minutes.

I have a ca. 10 years old PGA 04, does that qualify? I wouldn't know how to turn it into good IRs, it has so many tonal options because of all the variable filtering. Also, how would you give it a proper load without driving it with an amp? If you can guide me how to do it, I will give it a shot. I'd like to replicate my conventional rig inside the axe-fx (Marshall Silver Jubilee and Palmer PGA 04).

I don't think you can bypass the load section on a PGA-04 (and it is a great load section). Do you have a solid state power amp or an amp with an FX Loop and fairly neutral power section (Mesa, Diezel, etc. that are designed to build tone primarily in the preamp)?

IRs from the PGA-04 would be cool with a little 'Full Range' mixed in, that's a great feature on the 04.

I was thinking about the full range. If it doesn't color the signal much on the PGA then it might be better implemented on the AXE by mixing in some pre-cab amp sound instead of baking it into the IR. You could pass it through a filter block with lowpass 6KHz to simulate having the high cut engaged. That would cut down the number of IRs needed to cover the options on this unit.

Yeah, that was my concern. I can't use the power stage of my Silver Jubilee for that. I might have an old QSC solid state power amp in a basement storage, otherwise only hifi-amps.

Thinking out loud, it may be worth a try to capture with only the PGA04 and no power amp. On my PDI-09, I simply set the Attenuation Switch to 0db. It may be that with a line level signal the amp load circuit in the PGA04 would simply pass the entire signal through to the filters without trying to choke it down.

Just a thought.

I know this thread is old, but the Axe Fx II is knew to me and I've just downloaded this.

Haven't tried it yet, but I used to run a Palmer DI on my Vox and have two feeds to FOH.
Very keen to try this same concept on the Axe Fx. Have a Cab IR on the left and this Palmer IR on the right for example.

Thanks!

I know this is an old thread, but this IR is still one of my staples.
Wondering if it's possible to get the original files for mixing in CAB Lab?

I often blend the Normal IR with a mic'd cab IR and it would be good to do it in CAB Lab and save it as a single IR.

well,somebody help me (and others) to understand how to use this ..just load in a cab block? some step-by step guidance will be much appreciate !
Thank you !

Hi ! I know its too much, but, anyone have the palmer-09 Ir in the new sys format? I need to convert to wav for my other spare equipment and its impossible...or someone that could do it, I will pay for that!

best

Back
Top Bottom