Ownhammer V3 Mesa demonstration (kinda heavy and lowwwww)

Making clips of each mic, distace and production unit sounds like a lot of work.
Why not buy one pack and try them out for yourself?
I think my clips give a good overal sound high gain wise.

well, I want to start recording process of our upcoming album in the next couple of days, you know I don't have enough time to try them out one by one so I would appreciate you if you could help me in that way.

I want to buy two pack of this library, one of them from sm57 and the other one from R121, but dunno which one of they production unit and distance is proper for my needs, So if you could record and post a Chunky E Power chord for 5 second with only one IR from each pack regardless to IR distance in particular pack, I can take a right decision.

My playing style is prog/metal, my guitar is Ibanez RG1820, and pickups are Bare Knuckle [JuggerNOT]

Best Regards

well, I want to start recording process of our upcoming album in the next couple of days, you know I don't have enough time to try them out one by one so I would appreciate you if you could help me in that way.

I want to buy two pack of this library, one of them from sm57 and the other one from R121, but dunno which one of they production unit and distance is proper for my needs, So if you could record and post a Chunky E Power chord for 5 second with only one IR from each pack regardless to IR distance in particular pack, I can take a right decision.

My playing style is prog/metal, my guitar is Ibanez RG1820, and pickups are Bare Knuckle [JuggerNOT]

Best Regards

honoustly I don't have time to do that now but they are very cheap.
Anyway for modern rock I prefered the D57m0 and R121f1 IR's.
Can't go wrong there.
If you like a slightly darker SM57 try the vintage one, it's a different mic all together I believe.

honoustly I don't have time to do that now but they are very cheap.
Anyway for modern rock I prefered the D57m0 and R121f1 IR's.
Can't go wrong there.
If you like a slightly darker SM57 try the vintage one, it's a different mic all together I believe.

Thank you very much for your advice, I think I will go for Modern Production of SM57 N R121F1.

Like 'm a lot. Clear, clean IRs.
Slightly more high-end than Clark's Mesa IRs (comparing the SM57), it seems, which may be the difference between the captured cabs.

Like 'm a lot. Clear, clean IRs.
Slightly more high-end than Clark's Mesa IRs (comparing the SM57), it seems, which may be the difference between the captured cabs.

Yeah, direct or 'in your face' seems like a good way of describing this cab.

I just checked the Ownhammer website, so those V3 librairies are sold by microphones and distance ? Guitarjon, which SM57 and which R121 will you recommend for modern metal ? 1 inch for both ?

I just checked the Ownhammer website, so those V3 librairies are sold by microphones and distance ? Guitarjon, which SM57 and which R121 will you recommend for modern metal ? 1 inch for both ?

Well, I would recommend the D57m0 and the R121f1 for a direct and modern sound.
However, that being said you can probably make great mixes for modern metal with the other distances too.
The vintage SM57 is a bit darker and less sizzly for a different flavour.

Man I love that recto clip. It sounds awesome. Would you share the preset and the recipe?
I would buy the Ownhammer immediatly I still have some credit left from the Bundle buy

Man I love that recto clip. It sounds awesome. Would you share the preset and the recipe?
I would buy the Ownhammer immediatly I still have some credit left from the Bundle buy

Thanks!
For that clip I quickly made a simple Recto patch, I don't think I saved it on my computer.
The recipe is one of the ones I posted in this thread.....

Back
Top Bottom