OwnHammer Speaker Cabinets Public Beta (free stuff inside)

Just downloaded these and tried this combo with my Friedman HBE patch
sounds pretty killer (I could only go at low volume tonight but tomorrow I will blast a bit)
Scott are you still panning your IRs at zero or are you leaving these new ones at the default pan -50/50 ?

When I use two of them 'summed' in a stereo block, I pan then center. Most often though, I am mixing them in the Axe-O-Matic and using them as a single mixed High Resolution Cab IR.

Ok after reading through dozens of comments here (and owning the rights to some kick starter packages) I am curious and want to be sure about things.

1) The free beta release was a Bogner with celestion v30s
2) The new not finished but being released as it is completed in parts is : Bogner 12m (celestion heritage speakers)

How am I doing so far?

So final question is there a big difference in these 2 speaker choices, as the Cabinet is the same, I assume (the Bogner 4x12). Im chompin at the bit but certainly dont need more of the same, or slight variations. Thanks to anyone who has compared both.

finally Kevin or all you extreme math IT computer wizards out there, with 2000 new IR voices per release, how many combinations of IR's are now possible assuming one can also mix lets just say 2 at a time, with just the NEWest release. It is frickin too mind boggling. Literally I think we are approaching the space time continuum, Black Matter, etc.

Ok after reading through dozens of comments here (and owning the rights to some kick starter packages) I am curious and want to be sure about things.

2) The new not finished but being released as it is completed in parts is : Bogner 12m (celestion heritage speakers)

How am I doing so far?

So final question is there a big difference in these 2 speaker choices, as the Cabinet is the same, I assume (the Bogner 4x12). Im chompin at the bit but certainly dont need more of the same, or slight variations. Thanks to anyone who has compared both.

finally Kevin or all you extreme math IT computer wizards out there, with 2000 new IR voices per release, how many combinations of IR's are now possible assuming one can also mix lets just say 2 at a time, with just the NEWest release. It is frickin too mind boggling. Literally I think we are approaching the space time continuum, Black Matter, etc.

Yes big difference, 12m 20 is considerably more open and brighter!

Apologies in advance if these responses are a little misfired, still pretty out of it at the moment...

Can't seem to find it :|

If you got in on the jumpstarter, you'll need to send me a message through the contact page to let me know you want the new one. The jumpstarter is set up so that any library can be added to it, not just the new V2 releases. It's a manual process on my part, initiated by customer request. If you didn't get in on the jump starter, you can pick it up outright here:

412-GTR Bogner 12M WAV

I have been having trouble finding any of the Ownhammer stuff. Even the jumpstarted bundles. I wanted to get involved, but I couldn't seem to get to it.

Jumpstarter ended on October 18, IIRC. The new 12M library listed above is currently hidden in the store, reason being it is not complete yet so I don't want to post it publicly. This is the only place I've made any mention of it so far. However, you don't need the url to get to it. Though it is removed from the menu system at the moment, if you go to the search bar toward the top right of the OwnHammer website and type in 12m, it will find the product for you.

1) Correct.
2) Correct.

So final question is there a big difference in these 2 speaker choices, as the Cabinet is the same, I assume (the Bogner 4x12).

I think so. V30 has more of a mid forward sound (some may say "honk", I don't necessarily agree but can sympathize), the 12M has kind of the opposite, low mid push with some bite on top. The SM57 (or substitute 2011C if you get the right position, when it's on it's ON but when not it can have some weird spikes) plus R121 is great for rhythm tones, sub out the R121 for the R92 in Warm mode for some more mid forward buttery lead tones. For example:

Big Rhythm tone, 50/50 mix:
- OwnHammer_Bogner_12M_SM57_Classic-Warm-Fat-6 *or* OwnHammer_Bogner_12M_2011C_Classic-Warm-Fat-5
- OwnHammer_Bogner_12M_R121_Balanced-6

Smooth Singing Lead tone, 50/50 mix:
- OwnHammer_Bogner_12M_SM57_Classic-Warm-Fat-6 *or* OwnHammer_Bogner_12M_2011C_Classic-Warm-Fat-5
- OwnHammer_Bogner_12M_R92_Balanced-Fat-7

It's also mostly unnecessary. People will gravitate toward a couple of mics in a couple of voicings in a couple of modes and that will pretty much be the end of it. Out of that 2000, I predict most will fall within a comfort zone of 20 once they find out what works for them. Auditioning is easier than you'd think, start at the mic level, find out what you don't like or think couldn't possibly work in a blend, discard it, then voicings, then positions, then modes. Process of elimination. This board will also be a great resource for tone recipes. If all else fails, email me through the contact page and maybe I can point you in the right direction.

Last edited:
Kevin...
Sorry if this has been asked before, but is the Beta (aka Jumpstarter) V2 V30 Bogner available for purchase? I picked up the 12M already.

Kevin...
Sorry if this has been asked before, but is the Beta (aka Jumpstarter) V2 V30 Bogner available for purchase? I picked up the 12M already.

No, not yet. Right now the 12M is the only full library I've started V2 work on, it's very laborious and time consuming, and requires a complete from scratch recapture of the cab. The V1 version of the Bogner V31 library is available though, the V2 will probably be out next spring (estimated guess).

started blending cabs today IE Kevin and Scotts recomendations
I also blended the balanced R121 - 6 with the FAS IR that was recently posted up on the exchange.
Really nice blend for the marshall/Atomica/Friedmans etc stuff.

Kevin,

It sounds like you could use a studio monkey to run things around for you. My question is open to you and anyone who's experimented so far:

I'm loving the V2 Bogner V30. It seems to be the bee's knees for me. I was really looking forward to a few more mics on this amp to round out my SM57 tone, but understand you are working on what you are, and that's just tough potatoes. :lol

I am, for now, recording a lot of high-gain guitars - modern hard rock ala' Tool, Textures, ISIS, etc. I am interested in how you feel the 12M transfers over to modern hard rock. I know it's a Plexi owners dream. What about mixing the 12M and the V30 together? Good? Weird? Anybody have any examples?

You can use Greenbacks even through metal. Framus Cobra cab - Greenbacks (though the less expensive 25 watt version IIRC). Engl has one of their cabs with Greenbacks. It's all how you use it. That rhythm combo I listed above that Scott posted about I can make sound incredible for heavy stuff, the low mid growl can be huge if you have the right signal going into it. This isn't me, just a search result, but here's a Bogner 4x12 with Greenbacks in it, tool riff at 1:19 (among a couple other places):

The tone in that video is pretty much what I love in my personal playing, and with the SP mix is easily obtainable with the right pedal, amp, and tone stack settings. There were many reasons I chose this cab + speaker combo first, one of them was the versatility. Changing the mics makes a huge difference too. The V2 libraries are going to be incredibly versatile, for people who really go in and noodle, the possibilities are near endless, IMHO.

I'll certainly be trying to crank these out as fast as I possibly can, but without sacrifice in attention to detail and quality control (though with over 2000 captures per library, that's a lot of checking files!).

Last edited:
Most definitely... I agree that the M12's can sound great for hi-gain metal or hard rock tones. I've got a couple that are just mixes of various mic positions, and I did one this morning that mixes a few of the M12 mic positions with a couple of the V31 mics. (I used a few more mics than I usually do for a mix on that one, but it came out pretty good with a little more grit in the upper mids than the M12 had on it's own.)

Update

Ok, so I've yet to really go through these with mixing them in the detail this weekend due to being under the weather, but I had a hunch and wanted to try something quickly and the result was as expected. I edited a previous post of mine to change the mix recipes to:

Big Rhythm tone, 50/50 mix:
- OwnHammer_Bogner_12M_R121_Balanced-6

Smooth Singing Lead tone, 50/50 mix:
- OwnHammer_Bogner_12M_R92_Balanced-Fat-7

The difference is potentially subbing out the SM57 for the 2011C in a full mix situation. The sound is almost identical, however with that 2011C position in lieu of the SM57 the image is subtly clearer, less crunched up (garbled) but the most noticeable difference comes when stacking 4 or more guitar tracks. The SM57 has this upper mid hissing/whistling that rears it's ugly head when you have, for example, two distorted rhythm guitars tracks laying down the low octave riff with two counter melody guitars an octave or two up along for the ride. Switching from the SM57 to the 2011C pulls that whistling right out but the tone and the way the guitars sit is relatively the same. This is why middle of last week I had a brief expulsion of praise for the mic, in the right position it's an SM57 replacement, and a darn good one. If playing in an FRFR situation, the SM57 may be preferable as it has a little more attack to it that you may feel when playing.

I took a few minutes to myself (literally about two minutes) to strap up my PRS and run it through these mixes, the only thing I could say about them is "inspiring". I'm not a lead player (anymore), but that smooth lead mix just made me feel like looking up the tab for the lead of 'The Spirit Carries On'. :)

Last edited:
THanks Kevin aka OwnHammer, I hope u are making some bucks in your endeavor, you certainly are more responsive and cutting edge than the lets say the "electrified rouge colored" competitors... wink.

If you got in on the jumpstarter, you'll need to send me a message through the contact page to let me know you want the new one. The jumpstarter is set up so that any library can be added to it, not just the new V2 releases. It's a manual process on my part, initiated by customer request. If you didn't get in on the jump starter, you can pick it up outright here:
I did get in on the jump starter. But I bought the 412-GTR Bogner 12M WAV anyway ;)
Sounds sweet.
I like the Balanced R92 a lot
With the Cameron High, there was no need to mix it with another IR.
For the Brown and Friedman HBE, I had to mix with another IR. But I found a mix I liked very quick. I just use a stereo cab and mix two IR's.
The format with the B/C/M/V - B/F/W/WF - 1to9 format works extremely well.
I can imagine, once you get all the cabs done, it wouldn't be that hard to find a single IR that suits one's taste without having to mix it with other IR's.
For now I'm waiting on the V30's.
I'm still using the V1 versions mainly for Marshall JVM410 and the Diezel VH4.
Keep up the good work and stay well.

symphx, thanks for the compliments, at this point I'd settle for being able to pay my bills on time. :lol We'll see, I guess...

MisterE, if you're who I think you are, I emailed you about the double purchase, shoot me back there and we'll sort it out asap. :)

I also agree, I don't necessarily think that IR mixing is necessary all the time. I was playing around with other tracks tonight and I actually just preferred a straight up singular SM57. It's all source dependent, and there is no need to over complicate - the standards will always work and there are enough options to customize them to fit the individual's taste and application. I too am a big fan of the R92, on the right source track it just sits perfectly by itself. IIRC my 'Hard Rock' website demo track was one that this mic just counteracted of all the odd frequencies coming off the amp sim.

For anybody still wondering what all this hubbub is all about, or those that may think this first library may not be their speed because it's just a Bogner cab or just a Greenback speaker, check this out:

This is a comparison of what was arguably my biggest, meanest sounding V1 cab, the 412-GTR Mesa V32, and the new V2 412-GTR Bogner 12M. The mic is a single SM57 and in all cases is the exact same X, Y, Z coordinate mic placement.

Sorry if this has been asked before but how do I get the updates if I already bought the file before the rest of the mic options were included?

Back
Top Bottom