OwnHammer Speaker Cabinets Public Beta (free stuff inside)

Thanks - I'm dense I guess, but I'm still sketchy on one thing. I understand that I can specify which libraries I want and I'll get them when they're updated. My question is that I'm wondering what is available today - i.e. specifically, can I get the G12-65 library (all mics) using the new capture methods today? Or is what's available just the MA-200 in the 6 libraries listed above (12N, JBB, 12H, 12M, G65, V31)?

I know you're tired and doing your best - just trying to figure this all out myself. Thanks for your work!

The G12-65 library in full is going to be a few months out. What is available immediately is the kickstarter bonus pack, and any previous library you may wish to fill in the slots now. Previous libraries are as they were prior to all this beta stuff. Everything I have compiled up to this point using the new methods, etc, is in the public beta or this kickstarter beta zip. Going back a few steps, the whole point of the kickstarter was to fund some extra gear necessary to make all the new and re-released libraries I have yet to start working on contain the very best of options that I simply could not dig any deeper into my empty pockets to provide. I should be starting on the very first library using all this new "tech" hopefully at the end of next week. Each library takes I'm going to guess 200-250 hours of manual labor, so development time for full libraries is going to be roughly 1 month. I'm hopeful that once I get into a groove I can cut that down to 3 weeks, but it also depends on how busy I am with my day job requirements (I work from home, so if I'm not actively working, I'm sampling, sometimes I'm sampling while I'm working as long as I'm not on the phone).

I'm having a hard time even following myself, lol, so please let me know if further clarification is necessary.

Thanks - I'm dense I guess, but I'm still sketchy on one thing. I understand that I can specify which libraries I want and I'll get them when they're updated. My question is that I'm wondering what is available today - i.e. specifically, can I get the G12-65 library (all mics) using the new capture methods today? Or is what's available just the MA-200 in the 6 libraries listed above (12N, JBB, 12H, 12M, G65, V31)?

I know you're tired and doing your best - just trying to figure this all out myself. Thanks for your work!

If you throw down for the tier 3 kickstarter, then the "bonus" BETA files are available now for download (the mic is MA 200 with previously mentioned cabs) including:

• 212-GTR Shiva 12N (Jensen P12N)
• 212-GTR Shiva JBB (Jensen Jet Alnico BlackBird)
• 412-GTR Bogner 12H (Celestion Heritage G12H30)
• 412-GTR Bogner 12M (Celestion G12M20)
• 412-GTR Bogner G65 (Celestion Heritage G1265)
• 412-GTR Bogner V31 (Celestion V30)

**The other multi-mics and 10 libraries of your choice (when Kevin finishes them) will be avail in the near future... this is INCLUDED w/this current offer.... correct?

... Oh, and Kickstarter called. Something about trademark infringement ...

I'm not sure what you're talking about, everything on the site as I just saw it 30 seconds ago says "Jump Starter"... ;) Thanks, despite that I doubt I'd hit their radar, better safe than sorry. :)

Kevin,

Just bought the Tier 3 wav and wondered what it is that I actually bought, think I got it now, thanks. Starting on your website I got confused about what was the "old" stuff and whats the "V2" stuff.

Maybe you should adopt Scotts free marketing consulting and mark all the new/coming packages/filenames with V2 or whatever? Would maybe make asset management a bit easier.

Or, maybe I´m just still completely confused and all is fine.

Thanks very much for your hard work this is sensational stuff, looking forward to the 121 IRs.

Yeah, Scott and I have talked about ways to easily differentiate the new libraries visually. The V2 thing is the hat, and one of the other things I'm planning is on the bottom each product description page will be something that says either:

Library Version: LEGACY
- or -
Library Version: CURRENT

I'll also have a little (?) where if you click on the question mark it will link to a page in the support section that has a list of all the libraries and what Library Version they fit into as well as what LEGACY and CURRENT mean.

Kevin,

Just bought the Tier 3 wav and wondered what it is that I actually bought, think I got it now, thanks. Starting on your website I got confused about what was the "old" stuff and whats the "V2" stuff.

Maybe you should adopt Scotts free marketing consulting and mark all the new/coming packages/filenames with V2 or whatever? Would maybe make asset management a bit easier.

Or, maybe I´m just still completely confused and all is fine.

Thanks very much for your hard work this is sensational stuff, looking forward to the 121 IRs.

I'm pretty much only interested in V2 stuff even if I am technically (if I understand correctly) entitled to the current library in the V1 format. I just don't want to spend time tweaking for V1 so I'll use the Beta stuff and just pick up a new library every month or every other month as they become available. Please mark them as V2 or an easy way to identify them so we know they are updated. Some of us spend way too much time playing and not enough reading manuals and threads thoroughly so please idiot proof it for us...or for me. :lol

I'm pretty much only interested in V2 stuff even if I am technically (if I understand correctly) entitled to the current library in the V1 format. I just don't want to spend time tweaking for V1 so I'll use the Beta stuff and just pick up a new library every month or every other month as they become available. Please mark them as V2 or an easy way to identify them so we know they are updated.

Me too.

I'm going to add V2's to my slots when they come up but not use the V1's.

Richard

My understanding is that if you don't use Nebula, then the .wav files package (which includes Axe & Axe-II .syx files) is all you need.

Just wanting to clarify which ones I need to buy....is it the Nebula or the Wav for use with Axe FX II?

Thanks,
D

Well I'm in now too ... tier 3 and Axe-o-matic in the bag ..... looks like I'm finally getting all FRFRy .... still hanging on to the Mesa 5050 and cab though for the odd trouser flapping session. Selling those would be like selling my old dog because I got a new puppy

I'm also in for Tier 3 Wave. Kevin, I appreciate your passion and pursuit of excellence!

I've been really digging the M160 that Scott had suggested a few weeks ago. Will one of the mics you're planning to use cover similar ground?

Terry.

Just bought Tier 3 myself. I'm very eager to check out the beta files tonight since I have a gig tomorrow. Unfortunately, I didn't get a download link for the beta files...just text that says download limit exceeded?

EDIT: Kevin fixed this within a few minutes. Great support - thanks!

Last edited:
I'm also in for Tier 3 Wave. Kevin, I appreciate your passion and pursuit of excellence!

I've been really digging the M160 that Scott had suggested a few weeks ago. Will one of the mics you're planning to use cover similar ground?

Terry.

I'm not sure I can spring for everything else plus the M160, however (fun fact) I originally made all these MA200 beta files for Scott and used the M160 in another cab maker's library as my reference point as to which mic to choose to best suit his aesthetic. If I can't snag an M160, I'd say between the MA200 and the R121 you should be able to easily get what you're going for. I will do some more listening tests later to better speak on the subject, right now I'm not able to do this, however.

Just bought Tier 3 myself. I'm very eager to check out the beta files tonight since I have a gig tomorrow. Unfortunately, I didn't get a download link for the beta files...just text that says download limit exceeded?

This is my fault. When I changed the 500 different things I needed to from kickstarter to jump starter I missed one thing. This should be fixed now and there should be 3 of you that would have had this problem, sorry about that!

Last edited:
I'm also in for Tier 3. Really dug the 57 beta version and I figured anything I could do to help you get more things going would be great. Now to just find enough time to check out the new betas I just downloaded.

Back
Top Bottom