OwnHammer Speaker Cabinets Public Beta (free stuff inside)

Okay, okay, snark mode off! I couldn't resist throwing some back your direction, Cliff. ;-)

I think Kevin has a plan in his head that is more than fair, especially for those who have invested in the Jump Start program. I think most of the confusion lies in the fact that this thread is sooooooooooo long, and the information about what package, pricing, etc. is all distributed across multiple posts and channels. This has been an evolution for him on this project, and we will all benefit from it.

I suspect that if he were able to spend less time answering individual questions here, he could focus on getting the cabs done and on updating his web site to serve as the source for this kind of information.

For now, I'd say we all need to have a little patience. "All will be revealed before the next move."

Going forward seems clear.

How to get from where I am purchase-wise to the one-product libraries is not crystal. But I'm not sweating it. Kevin is a stand up professional and always makes things right. Maybe too right for *his* own good.

No worries here.

Richard

Is anyone else as confused as I am?

I purchased the kick start package and am confused on what I will end up with. I already choose the cabs I am interested in...Will all of be updated automatically? When and how will I know when I have the final product?

Kevin, how much will the follwing cost:

1. Update from Kickstarter to the full library of a given cab?

2. Update from an old V1 library to new full library of a given cab?

$6 per cab for both situations you listed, presuming you are referring to the 'old' WAV libraries.

I purchased the kick start package and am confused on what I will end up with. I already choose the cabs I am interested in...Will all of be updated automatically? When and how will I know when I have the final product?

They will all be updated with the new files for the individual and auxiliary microphone placements, as had been previously planned. Nebula files and the "Studio Pro" inclusions (cab mic techniques handed down from world renown engineer/producer/song writer Kato Khandwala, then adapted to my position and voicing schemes) can be upgraded to for an additional fee. For information on product updates, keep an eye on:

- The Newsletter email
- The OwnHammer Facebook page
- The Product News section of the website
- The available product listings in the store

Ok, weekends are extremely difficult for me to get time and quiet to work in, so I need to do the Nebula stuff tonight after all are nestled all snug in their beds with visions of sugarplums dancing in their head... I updated the zips just now to include the MA200, R92, and TC30. Again, the new methods for this most recent batch represents the 'Big Cab' sampling methodology - bigger and more direct sounding for better results with mid to high gain guitar tones. Though it may be slightly redundant, I'm going to make it a point to get the 12M in the 2x12 Shiva relatively quickly so that I can demonstrate the sizable variance in sound of the 'Little Cab' sampling methodology - more open and roomy sounding for better results with clean to mid gain guitar tones. A fair amount of the work leading up to last week with all the excess EQ options is similar (which in my opinion is not ideal for this cab and the tones I feel most would or should be using it for, and one of the reasons I explored the multiple techniques), though there are going to be variances and improvements all around there as well.

It is absolutely flabbergasting to me that I can't just snap my fingers and have both the 412-GTR Bogner 12M and 212-GTR Shiva 12M finished. I'm so excited to demonstrate all the new things that have happened over the last couple weeks, I guess all in due time...

In the event I don't pop back in again until the 26th, Merry Christmas to all who all who celebrate it. :)

Additionally, there will also be slight variations in capture procedure for 4x12 cabs from smaller cabinets (2x12, 1x12, and 10"ers whenever I get around to them), to be more appropriate for the kinds of tones most would go to for that kind of cab. For example, you're not going to be playing death metal through a Fender Twin style amp/cab/speakers, nor Robben Ford through an Engl rig, so the relative positions will be based on play testing in appropriate pickup and amp configurations for the different sized cabs. I've been driving myself to the brink of a psychotic breakdown this week trying to force a decision to go one way or the other, when the thought occurred to me that I can have my cake and eat it too. Were I not so sleep deprived, I'm sure such a simple and rational conclusion would have come to me much sooner. :lol
not sure what to make of recent developments here to be honest... maybe I'm alone on this one, but I'd like my cab just to sound like that cab and not "pre tweaked" for a certain sound that's "expected" to be played with that cab. I like to play super crystal clean sounds through Mesa MkIVs with big Mesa cabs, but apparently that's not what is expected from that combination. same thing goes for Twins with 2x12s, like to throw Big Muffs in front of them. a clean Plexi through a 4x12... the list could go on... I'm pretty sure as well, that I'd like my 1x12 or 2x12 cab to sound as direct and not "roomy" as a 4x12.
obviously not many of us have heard what Kevin wants to do with the IRs right now, I just hope it doesn't take the turn and reason I never used any of the V1 IRs, that they were tweaked for certain applications. since I invested in the jumpstarter thing, I guess I'll find out sooner or later if that was all a waste of money, which it didn't seem like at the beginning (more positions, neutral IRs...)

and to answer Cliff's question... yes, slightly confused.

Sounds like you need about 20 grand to spend on cabinets/speakers and a running tab for a team of roadies then, because whenever there is a microphone involved, there is an artistic interpretation, no exceptions. If anybody says any different, they either don't know what they're talking about or they're lying to you. :) To make one cab sound exactly like another cab, you'd have to have both to compare and use microphone technique and post equalization to offset the difference in playback systems, which is likely going to change depending on where you play, unless that's in an oxygen enriched bubble somewhere in space. :lol

All joking aside, folks will be happy with the end result. I've tested both methods with completely opposite tonal aesthetic preferring beta testers, and each way was exactly to their liking, which was a very rewarding result, all things considered. :D

To make one cab sound exactly like another cab, you'd have to have both to compare and use microphone technique and post equalization to offset the difference in playback systems, which is likely going to change depending on where you play, unless that's in an oxygen enriched bubble somewhere in space. :lol

All joking aside, folks will be happy with the end result. I've tested both methods with completely opposite tonal aesthetic preferring beta testers, and each way was exactly to their liking, which was a very rewarding result, all things considered. :D
I didn't say that I want one cab to sound like the other, if I wanted that, I'd be running Billy Gibbons' live rig :). quite the opposite actually, I'd like a cab to sound like that cab, not pre tweaked for clean or mid to high gain applications as there are many examples where speakers/cabs were/are used for exactly the opposite sound you want to tweak them for.

right now I can't judge on anything more than your words anyway. if beta testers approved doesn't mean anything to me either, as I'm working for a few companies myself and know how different opinions can be. looking forward to the end results and will see for myself ;)

I just want one of those fuzzy guitars to play in the winter. If it comes with one of those straps where you can spin it in a circle, even better. :D

I just want one of those fuzzy guitars to play in the winter. If it comes with one of those straps where you can spin it in a circle, even better. :D
like your way of thinking! Allways wanted one too,but was afraid to say it!!!!

Im not confused. Im relieved. The way forward makes sense now.

You can still do different things with the tone as there is still have a bunch of mics to choose from. You dont HAVE to use SM57

One question. I've bought the bogner 12m cab a 25 $. I read somewhere along the way during the purchase process that I could download the package 3 times or for 90 days but now I can't find these conditions. Do you know what's correct and what happens now that the package is updated?
Merry christmas and take care!

One question. I've bought the bogner 12m cab a 25 $. I read somewhere along the way during the purchase process that I could download the package 3 times or for 90 days but now I can't find these conditions. Do you know what's correct and what happens now that the package is updated?
Merry christmas and take care!
Should be able to log in to your account and redownload, mine has allways been there available! once your logged in the list of what you've purchased is on the right column.

Kevin, how do I upgrade from the old wav-libraries? Will it be automatic if I put the new 25 USD libraries in my shopping basket on the website, or should I email you about it?

Merry Christmas!

I've been out a couple of days... sorry for asking. But what have happened to the WF "Warm and Fat" versions? I just checked the file on the ownhammer page and they are gone.

Read up a few posts Brick_top - they've been removed as Kevin didn't find them useful anymore. He gives directions on how to make your ir's sound like them with an EQ after the cab if you want to.

Back
Top Bottom