OwnHammer Impulses - Speaker Cabinets now available!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi joegold,
You are correct, OS and browser are not at play here. This is due to your ISP not being able to properly resolve the IP address of my domain's DNS. When you enter ownhammer.com, your ISP's DNS records should redirect you to the proper IP address of my site. This is not happening.

Real life example:
I used to work for an Italian electro-mechanical engineering firm, and the Itialian HQ IT/CIS department would constantly hijack our DNS and point it over to theirs. We would know this when we would try to go to bestbuy.com and we ended up on somebody's home family picture album! We would then repoint to our DNS server.

You can override this resolution manually, in Windows, do the following:

- Make sure you are logged in as the administrative account
- Browse to and open the following file with Notepad:

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

add this entry to the bottom:

**edited out - if anyone else is having DNS resolution issues, please PM me!**

- Save the file.

Under Mac OS, I'm not quite sure where this is at but can do some Googling to find out... If any Mac savy guys here know, please feel free to jump in!

Please PM me the name of your ISP, I will try to contact them and my registrar to see if I can get this resolved and get their records updated, but my hopes that they will be receptive and accomodating is slim...

Please also let me know if manually pointing to ownhammer.com's IP through host file configuration worked!

Best Regards,
Kevin

fwiw, I was thinking his problem might be that sort of thing, and so I'd already tried the IP directly (the regular address works just fine for me)
the IP address itself leads me to your web host's 404 page
checked the domain's whois and from the stats (whois.sc), I'm assuming you're on shared hosting -- not sure if that's playing a part in it, but it's probably just what you already concluded. if the nameserver change is fairly recent, it could still take a bit of time to propagate. i'd search google for "DNS propagation check" and see what kind of results you get -- there's plenty of those services out there free.

Good points, godprobe. After I had posted my reply I got to thinking and am wondering if I need to have joegold pointing to one of my other nameservers. I'm spread extremely thin today and am trying to keep up in the forums as best I can, and didn't have a whole lot of time to test the IP resolution thouroughly.

We will get this figured out joegold! :D

@OwnHammer - Are these already in .syx or Axe-FX friendly file format? Or, do I have to convert after I buy/download? Thanks.

joegold - I'm moving our DNS discussion to PM territory, if anybody else has anything like this happen, please PM me!

@OwnHammer - Are these already in .syx or Axe-FX friendly file format? Or, do I have to convert after I buy/download? Thanks.

If you buy the SYX format (in the last dynamic pulldown box in the purchase section), it's just the Axe-Fx ready SYX files, "no assembly required".

You can, if you feel like it, just grab the WAV version and convert the 48000 mono impulses yourself if you so choose. However if you don't feel like the hassle, the SYX format is there for you! :D

I have a bunch of information on package contents if you expand the Speaker Cabinet section info on the Impulses Home Page (http://www.ownhammer.com/impulses/).

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Kevin

Kevin
Scumback, please.

Hehe, seems like everybody here loves them some Scumback! So if I had to call a vote into order, what would everyone want to see first, the H75 or M75?

Do tell!!!

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to pop in with some quick, but important news. Check out the OwnHammer News page for updates on NEB pricing, frequency discounts, new storefront, and a few other topics of interest:

http://www.ownhammer.com/news

Best Regards,
Kevin

Just wanted to give a heads up on what the next few OwnHammer IR releases are going to be. I don't have dates, just an order of the next releases:

412-GTR Mills 12K - great for, but not limited to, metal
112-GTR Boogafunk 12L - the true EVM thiele sound
412-GTR SLM H65 - gooey Marshall sound
412-GTR Krank TEX - anothter addition to, but not limited to, the metal player's palette

These on top of what has already been released should cover a lot of tonal ground for everyone! Open back IR's are also on the short list, and I'm hoping to release them in tandem with the first batch of 'Rooms and Spaces' IR's so users can get the 'cab in the room' feel. This is subject to change, but is the intention!

Kevin

woah! kranks????? thats reason enough to try the OwnHammers... im quite happy iwth the redwirez.. but if the own hammers put up the kranks they will find a new customer

I got all 3 cabs.

I got the wave files even though I use it for the AXE-FX.
It is very hard to audition SYX files, there are only a few slots available
on my system, where in the DAW I can load infinite impulses to get side by side comparison.
I can of course batch convert them to SYX files.... but it would be nice if the SYX files were available
to customers who purchased the wave files.

The IR's are good, they have their own flavor.
In your face type tone just like in the examples on the site.
All impulses are uniform, there are no wild variations like in the Redwirez set.

How do I say this.... they sound too uniform, no spikes or dips.
I wonder if there was any post processing done to the IR's?
... anyways for those who don't want to "work at it"
this is a very nice set of IR's, pick any one and you will get pretty good results.

;)

PS

Waitting for the 112-GTR Boogafunk EVM-12L... hopefully it will be a superstar
on my Dumble presets.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom