IRs OwnHammer Guitar Cabinet Essentials

Third-party impulse response pack
Fantastic new pack!! It's my second favorite for sure!! The V30MV is still my favorite but this is right up there for high gain. Thanks OH
EDIT: after spending more time with this I might be wrong I think I like this one better, smoother top end and something very special in the mids.

Last edited:
so far the GNR M25 package still tops my list. so many options. I almost live in that pack alone years later. Just look at all of the mic choices. Most people should be able get away with using this one pack alone. Too bright - pick a different mic. Too dark - pick a different mic.

1698691610378.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The GNR 25 has been my got to pack until I found the Moabi pack.
But I can't find it anywhere on the Ownhammer website anymore.
Is there a Rock Essentials Pack similar to the Moabi and/or GNR 25?

Moabi IRs here

Yeah I find the website hard to navigate, (r)Evolution IRs IMHO are some of Ownhammer's best work, but it doesn't appear on the first page.

Last edited:
You b*stards are putting me down the rabbit hole again. lol.
All in all, to be completely honest, historically I have slightly preferred the OH offerings to Yorks just because I like the low end better and I actually like the fact that there are a lot of IRs in the pack. I'm bringing that up in hopes that Kevin never loses that low end thump that can be cut out later if needed. I don't usually use the mixes because I can do that myself with the mics. People are bringing up some great suggestions here. I live in Greenback territory and the OH GNR has an edginess to it that just works. Now that I saw the EDVH M25 mentioned, I just tried the r121-10/57-1 as a combo from the 412 EDVH pack and it sounds great too. I go deep with my 121 and bright with the 57. I won't bring up the competitive York offerings in this thread but I still think the OH stuff slightly edges them out. I'm less focused on the new OH stuff. I tried the ROCKBOX and the new speakers but to be truthful despite the T1221 being in both the GNR pack and the new rockbox M25L-2003a, the GNR pack is my clear winner. I also like the ORNG m25 from the standard bundle.
If the Moabi came down in price, I would grab it, but it is on my short list.

Fantastic new pack!! It's my second favorite for sure!! The V30MV is still my favorite but this is right up there for high gain. Thanks OH
EDIT: after spending more time with this I might be wrong I think I like this one better, smoother top end and something very special in the mids.

Really happy to hear you're enjoying it so much! It almost made the "Founder Favorites" list, but, I don't want to overdo that designation. Personally really love this one for just playing/practicing by myself. It's definitely my favorite of the Creamback speakers so far, as it is nice and smooth but without sounding muffled or woolly. And yes, there is something special in the mids here for sure!

so far the GNR M25 package still tops my list. so many options. I almost live in that pack alone years later.

The Massively Multi-Mic version of that library took me eight months to put together, admittedly amid other projects, but it was a massive labor of love. Given the history of the cab being used on the Chinese Democracy record, I thought it deserved it. Happy to hear it is still in so many's wheelhouses!

On the website, in the header navigation bar there is a link that says "Impulse Responses". If you click that, it will take you to the IR section. The subnav list under that, as @jwa174900 mentioned, has a link to Fractal only format libraries. If for some reason when you click on that it takes you back to the Wave Audio section, then your browser cache has a resolution conflict. Very recently I did about 10 years worth of back end updates in a week (that was a looooooooong week...), so, if you're experiencing this that could be why. CTRL+F5 may work, but if not, browser cache clear will fix it.

You b*stards are putting me down the rabbit hole again. lol.
All in all, to be completely honest, historically I have slightly preferred the OH offerings to Yorks just because I like the low end better and I actually like the fact that there are a lot of IRs in the pack. I'm bringing that up in hopes that Kevin never loses that low end thump that can be cut out later if needed. I don't usually use the mixes because I can do that myself with the mics. People are bringing up some great suggestions here. I live in Greenback territory and the OH GNR has an edginess to it that just works. Now that I saw the EDVH M25 mentioned, I just tried the r121-10/57-1 as a combo from the 412 EDVH pack and it sounds great too. I go deep with my 121 and bright with the 57. I won't bring up the competitive York offerings in this thread but I still think the OH stuff slightly edges them out. I'm less focused on the new OH stuff. I tried the ROCKBOX and the new speakers but to be truthful despite the T1221 being in both the GNR pack and the new rockbox M25L-2003a, the GNR pack is my clear winner. I also like the ORNG m25 from the standard bundle.
If the Moabi came down in price, I would grab it, but it is on my short list.

With regards to the highlighted bit, there are two planned non-destructive, additive only (albeit with a minor folder structure alteration) free updates coming to Rock-Box as soon as I am able to transition over to working on that part (the more people support the current offerings, the faster I can deviate to update work over new product work), the first one will bring something in that will inadvertently address this concern/request, to a degree. In the interim, if you have not already, I'd give the five "CLSC-E#" IR's a spin in the Rock-Box libraries you've grabbed, may be more your speed!

With regards to the highlighted bit, there are two planned non-destructive, additive only (albeit with a minor folder structure alteration) free updates coming to Rock-Box as soon as I am able to transition over to working on that part (the more people support the current offerings, the faster I can deviate to update work over new product work), the first one will bring something in that will inadvertently address this concern/request, to a degree. In the interim, if you have not already, I'd give the five "CLSC-E#" IR's a spin in the Rock-Box libraries you've grabbed, may be more your speed!
thanks so much Kevin. I have tried the E series impulses but it still doesn't compare to adding a beefy 121. I love adding gnr 121-10 to almost anything and dial in to taste. Thanks again for your amazing work.

thanks so much Kevin. I have tried the E series impulses but it still doesn't compare to adding a beefy 121. I love adding gnr 121-10 to almost anything and dial in to taste. Thanks again for your amazing work.

Thanks very much for the kind words and the feedback! I'm always interested in hearing how folks use this stuff, as there is certainly quite a massive swing of variance as it pertains to what works best for people and what people are looking for in the overall response. Update 1 of the Rock-Box will contain something that may be more your speed, but certainly the Essentials library I'm hoping to release on towards the end of November should contain things that would be up your alley. :)

@ownhammer Which Rock Box for the 1960AV?

ownhammer.com/ohrx-v30mv-2001a

Hey @ownhammer, what do you think is the most suited Speaker Impedance Curve for the Cab?
Would be great to add that to the Manual's

This isn't information I will be collecting nor providing as I am very stubbornly a "don't listen to anyone on the internet, use your ears, and twist the knobs // push the buttons // click the mouse until it sounds the way you like" guy, and would be my recommendation to any and everyone for everything, this included. :)

Hey Kevin, do you have any G12K-85 IR packs? Trying to get close to that Tom Morello tone 🤘

Existing packs, not yet, but I have some of those speakers from I believe the late eighties that will eventually end up in at least the Rock-Box catalog (in some file format). The eventual "final form" of that speaker model is one of a couple items on my short list for Rock-Box deployment though!

Hey @ownhammer , I'd like to pickup the new EDVH rockbox while it's on sale (and likely some other IRs) using my gift certificate balance, but it seems like gift certificates are no longer a payment option in the cart/checkout process. I sent a support request a few days ago, but not sure it went through, so thought I'd ask here to see how I can do this. Thanks.

@ownhammer Kevin, I saw this on your web site. My interest is piqued.

during the last week of November a special must-have new product release will be launched at a highly discounted price for the remainder of the month, and is definitely something that should not be missed!​

@ownhammer Kevin, I saw this on your web site. My interest is piqued.

during the last week of November a special must-have new product release will be launched at a highly discounted price for the remainder of the month, and is definitely something that should not be missed!​

Based on what I believe you to like from what you have said here, should definitely be a color within your preferred crayon box. Not as diverse as the Massively Multi-Mic GNR library, but, much more widely digestible with some options available that you dig, and certainly a uniquely voiced offering from me. The speakers I used there ended up giving me something really cool, for sure. Hope it lives up to expectations when it drops. :)

Based on what I believe you to like from what you have said here, should definitely be a color within your preferred crayon box. Not as diverse as the Massively Multi-Mic GNR library, but, much more widely digestible with some options available that you dig, and certainly a uniquely voiced offering from me. The speakers I used there ended up giving me something really cool, for sure. Hope it lives up to expectations when it drops. :)
ok sounds good to me. when do I give you my money again? Last part of this month? Please drop a reminder in this thread

ok sounds good to me. when do I give you my money again? Last part of this month? Please drop a reminder in this thread

The hopeful plan is a product release some time between Friday the 24th and Monday the 27th that is 75% off until the end of November. It fits the description of this thread, so, will definitely announce and update the first post when it's live!

I was actually hoping you were setting us up for a speaker cabinet software package similar to Mikko but you will end up with my money regardless. :)

I was actually hoping you were setting us up for a speaker cabinet software package similar to Mikko but you will end up with my money regardless. :)

I appreciate the opportunity to address this topic, so thanks for mentioning something of the sort to allow for it!

Truth be told, I have been actively working on software stuff for about two and a half years now. It's definitely taken longer than I expected to roll out, but it's largely because of the extremely high standard being set for every microscopic piece of what is going on underneath. Lots of cool things coming in this area, multiple elements of multiple products coming out that haven't been done before, with a list of even more haven't-been-done-before's lined up for down the road in scaled up projects that I hope get their day (as they are rather ambitious). Some very talented people involved behind the scenes in this that I'm very happy and proud to be working with.

The small amount of IR libraries I am releasing now that will be spared in the upcoming cull are serving several functions that will be part of a larger ecosystem and systematic implementation over time, where products that are aimed at guitarists using them in 3rd party hardware guitar products are simply laid out, with guitarist friendly components, and are quick and intuitive to flip through. The vast, vast majority of what will be offered here will only be made available through platforms with account restricted licensing systems, and the new Rock-Box libraries made available on the OwnHammer site are more or less a light appetizer in the greater scheme of things. On the other side of that spectrum, products that are intended for computer based recording environments which are more verbosely featured will be where the software products come in, where the UI is doing most of the heavy lifting in sifting through massive amounts of embedded data and options provided to the user. Not only is this two-headed approach the most efficient use of the data against the target platforms, in my experience over the last almost fifteen years it also appeals to the majority user types in each segment. There will be outliers, of course, but, you can't please everyone and at this point in time I'm accepting of that. :p

To this end, there isn't much more coming in standalone IR libraries in wave audio format. Just enough to have a small presence when the operation massively switches gears and platforms in the hopefully not too (much more) distant future. These new releases more than anything are a sign of things being very near to change, less about them staying the same! o_O

Back
Top Bottom