IRs OwnHammer Guitar Cabinet Essentials

Third-party impulse response pack
I appreciate the opportunity to address this topic, so thanks for mentioning something of the sort to allow for it!

Truth be told, I have been actively working on software stuff for about two and a half years now. It's definitely taken longer than I expected to roll out, but it's largely because of the extremely high standard being set for every microscopic piece of what is going on underneath. Lots of cool things coming in this area, multiple elements of multiple products coming out that haven't been done before, with a list of even more haven't-been-done-before's lined up for down the road in scaled up projects that I hope get their day (as they are rather ambitious). Some very talented people involved behind the scenes in this that I'm very happy and proud to be working with.

The small amount of IR libraries I am releasing now that will be spared in the upcoming cull are serving several functions that will be part of a larger ecosystem and systematic implementation over time, where products that are aimed at guitarists using them in 3rd party hardware guitar products are simply laid out, with guitarist friendly components, and are quick and intuitive to flip through. The vast, vast majority of what will be offered here will only be made available through platforms with account restricted licensing systems, and the new Rock-Box libraries made available on the OwnHammer site are more or less a light appetizer in the greater scheme of things. On the other side of that spectrum, products that are intended for computer based recording environments which are more verbosely featured will be where the software products come in, where the UI is doing most of the heavy lifting in sifting through massive amounts of embedded data and options provided to the user. Not only is this two-headed approach the most efficient use of the data against the target platforms, in my experience over the last almost fifteen years it also appeals to the majority user types in each segment. There will be outliers, of course, but, you can't please everyone and at this point in time I'm accepting of that. :p

To this end, there isn't much more coming in standalone IR libraries in wave audio format. Just enough to have a small presence when the operation massively switches gears and platforms in the hopefully not too (much more) distant future. These new releases more than anything are a sign of things being very near to change, less about them staying the same! o_O
Whatever this is going to be I'm excited for it! I appreciate you giving us a little insight into the next phase of OH

@ownhammer loving these. Bought it last night. These are all in my wheel house.
these may very well replace my GNRs. Every mic is great. The U87, 414, 441, 906...all awesome.
You have mixes called 599. what does that represent?
this folder is insane

1700839253683.png

Last edited by a moderator:
these may very well replace my GNRs. Every mic is great. The U87, 414, 441, 906...all awesome.
this folder is insane

View attachment 130225
I just picked it up and it sounds fantastic! I've been hoping there would be an improved/updated GNR version with the new capture method for a while now. The low end is much better on this new release IMO. I haven't found the need to use any cuts with the Essentials or Rockbox releases.

In the (r)evolution bundle, the docs mentioned the 599 being a 3 mic blend. I'm not sure what the 599 naming refers to and I don't think the mics used were revealed, but the assumption was that it's probably a 57-121-421 blend, but I can't confirm if that's correct.

I just picked it up and it sounds fantastic! I've been hoping there would be an improved/updated GNR version with the new capture method for a while now. The low end is much better on this new release IMO. I haven't found the need to use any cuts with the Essentials or Rockbox releases.

In the (r)evolution bundle, the docs mentioned the 599 being a 3 mic blend. I'm not sure what the 599 naming refers to and I don't think the mics used were revealed, but the assumption was that it's probably a 57-121-421 blend, but I can't confirm if that's correct.
thanks. Usually I like to mix a 121 to keep the low end just for generally playing. I know what you mean about having to do cuts for mixing though. I like having the option. I think all of these have a decent bottom end that is the median between needing to do cuts and playing for fun.

For the essentials I tend to stick with the main 10 core mixes. In some occasions the core single mics. However, if you really want to dial in your own sound the other folders definitely can be very useful.

For the essentials I tend to stick with the main 10 core mixes. In some occasions the core single mics. However, if you really want to dial in your own sound the other folders definitely can be very useful.
that's crazy talk. lol.

I've found that the Rip 2 (57+160) or Forward 3 (57-121) almost always works for me. I can usually stick with those two and just choose depending on the amp. I believe the High Gain is actually the same as the Forward 3.

I've found that the Rip 2 (57+160) or Forward 3 (57-121) almost always works for me. I can usually stick with those two and just choose depending on the amp. I believe the High Gain is actually the same as the Forward 3.

For me the High Gain mixes or Forward 3 files are like the "main sound". Just always works...

@ownhammer , When I click on Rock Box it brings me to a page with Bass IR, Legacy IR etc...I agree it's a very confusing website to navigate. Is Rock Box an IR bundle or just a brand for different cab/speaker IRs? Do you offer Rock box bundles? Thanks for clarifying.

this folder is insane
What speaker are these based on?
Lately I've been struggling with the M75's and seem to gravitate back to the M25 (T1221)

Lately I've been struggling with the M75's and seem to gravitate back to the M25 (T1221)
I'm not sure as it's not disclosed. I'm a huge fan of the GNR Mmmc pack and these are in that realm with slightly less 100hz content. It has enough warm to bright options for me. However, it if we're 50 bucks, I would probably pass and would just continue to use my fav Raw-bold-1 mix from the gnr mmmc pack. For those that don't have that pack, this is a $5 no brainer

It sounds like pre-rola M25's to me, but it doesn't specifically say. As dean701 mentioned, but has a similar character to the GNR cab. It's possible it's the same cab, but re-done with the new capture method, but it also could be a different cab. I have both the MMC and the (r)Evolution versions and compared to the new one. The new one has a much tighter and clearer low end. I always struggled with the low end/low mids on the older versions.

LOVE this Classic Rock pack....so much more definition and clarity than my previous favourite GNR M25 - 75 folder ;)
I just stick with the Classic Rock 57+121 mix and be done for all my Classic Rock and Fender Strat Clean sounds.
The BEST thing : NO more Low / high cuts needed !!
Actually it beats ALL my other Greenback mixes from the well-known IR producers IMHO.

Thanks Kevin / Ownhammer !

Last edited:
LOVE this Classic Rock pack....so much more definition and clarity than my previous favourite GNR M25 - 75 folder ;)
I just stick with the Classic Rock 57+121 mix and be done for all my Classic Rock and Fender Strat Clean sounds.
Actually it beats ALL my other Greenback mixes from the well-known IR producers IMHO.

I'm currently demoing the "Classic-Rock 57" on all my gig presets. I actually loaded up 4 different IR's from that pack into the 4 channels to try them at practice in a mix (the 57+121 is one of them). I think the "all-purpose" sounds the same as the 57+121. They sound a lot cleaner than previous OH cabs when I A/B them. I agree with you on the high/low cuts.... less tweaking is needed. I still low cut around 100hz.
I'm thinking of trying out a few other cab packs from the Rock Box Library... maybe the Lynch and the M25-B 1977A.

I really like the clips you've posted recently with the Kool '68 plexi clone, especially the one with the GNR cab. It's be interesting to hear a similar clip with this new pack if you have the time to do it.

I really like the clips you've posted recently with the Kool '68 plexi clone, especially the one with the GNR cab. It's be interesting to hear a similar clip with this new pack if you have the time to do it.
I will make a quick mp3 tomorrow of both the Cab so you can hear the difference !
Thanks,

Anyone figure out if it’s a pre rola green back ? Be nice to have the g12h30 55 for zeppelin.

Back
Top Bottom