Outboard gear Input 1 A/D Level

If it's right what you assume with no cut/boost to the converters then that is the right spot I was looking for Maybe.

No. It depends on the level of the signal applied to the input.

You are WAY overthinking this. Plug your guitar in, adjust the trim until the red LED just lights when playing hard. Enjoy.

I didnt say to the converters.
So boost or cut after the converters you'd meant..

In my case its a already processed signal at Input 2 what I want to adjust, but I see the Axe Input Level is variable with no fixed spot like you feed the converters on a Avid Interface for example, I should be fine around 10% on the Axe In most likely, and adjust the level to tickle the Red there with the preamp output only. I know its actually very good that it is not fixed Input at the Axe fx II!!!!

If after 5+ people told you the same thing, if that's the answer you want to hear, then yeah. That.

No. It depends on the level of the signal applied to the input.

You are WAY overthinking this. Plug your guitar in, adjust the trim until the red LED just lights when playing hard. Enjoy.

Is it a trim only tool?? that 100% is the SNR value that can hit the converters? When a high level comes in I lower with the Axe Input down to for example 50% to not clip.

Sorry guys, don't wanted to bother you with that.. anymore

Naw man. Ask away, just listen to what people say when they take time to answer :)

I think you still might be confusing the issue though. Could be a language thing.

I still stand by my answer on post 2. Set your outboard gear to whatever sounds best. Then adjust the axe input level like normal. That's really all you need to do.

I tested it again. my result was when I set the Input level to 10 % I was getting more hiss from the Axe itself, when go for 100% level and lower my Outboard preamp level to tickle the red I've got a much cleaner signal, well now I stay around 80% thats perfect for my needs there.

Thanks to all for the help at any rate! \m/ I know my english is bad haha

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom