Our new demos using Axe FX!

Izzyprad

Inspired
Please check out our new demos recorded using Axe fx - Standard!

Cold Haven | Facebook

If you like them, please click the "Like" button on our site and support us!

Please note, only "Regret" and "Set me free" were recorded using Axe FX.

Last edited:
I dig it! I'm a huuuuuuge crazy stupid super-fan of Within Temptation, so I get what you're doing here. This is quite a bit darker than WT with a heavy splash of Evanescense' first album, you know the GOOD album... Great guitar tones and your singer doesn't fall into that "Hold a note for an entire measure" trap most amateur vocal writers fall into. She sounds good and has some good melodies. I would buy this album for sure!

Just to answer those PM questions...

The rhythm tracks on "Set me free" were recorded using the Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier (New) and Peavey 6160 amp model. They are hard panned right and left. I also used Redwirez IR (Rectifier Cab with Celestian V30's - SM57). The guitar used for recording was Music Man JPX-7 String (Dimarzio Crunch Lab).

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
Very cool... I'm a big fan of Nightwish (newer and older). The vocalist definitely has the chords to sing powerfully yet dynamically. The guitars, no offense to the tone by any means, seem weak in the mix. Understandably it's the demo but just sayin. Love your tone and playing however!

Just thought - it could be the facebook compression as well causing it to sound weird. Try throwing the demo on Soundcloud?

Thanks a lot for the comments!

I agree, guitar kind of sounds weak. Those demos were recorded over 6-8 months period when I was in the process of constructing the tone (still working on it). I tried with other lower cost alternatives like Digitech RP500 and such, but wasn't satisfied. Finally decided to sell one of my kidneys and bought an Axe FX (alright... just kidding about the kidney). Even with Axe Fx, it took a lot of time. But finally, I think I am getting there now (thanks to Redwirez IR and Music Man JPX)!

So most of the demos were recorded using Digitech RP500, and yes you are right, they are fizzy..lol. So I lowered the guitar on the mix to cover up for that fact. :).
Only the tone on "Set me free" (Axe Fx) is somewhat closer to what I am looking for. :)

Another thing is I have a bad habbit of using "Chorus" effect on rythym guitar tracks, which makes it little less punchy.

But thanks for pointing that out! I really appreciate your feedback!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom