Orange Rockerverb compared Axe FX 3 vs. Kemper

AnswerInfinity

Inspired
It's always fun doing these. As we all know, either of these wonderful pieces of hardware deliver great sounds. I find the Axe FX to be much more tweakable and powerful. The "out of the box" sound comparison is entertaining for me though.

Theres 3 versions of rockerverbs and only one is modelled in the axe (mk2 iirc) so theres that.

Theres 3 versions of rockerverbs and only one is modelled in the axe (mk2 iirc) so theres that.

I always find it interesting how in the comments section of these videos, some people feel real strongly about one and some the other. Goes to show you how personal to taste tone really is.

I actually wasn't aware of the third Rockerverb. Thanks for the info.

I always find it interesting how in the comments section of these videos, some people feel real strongly about one and some the other. Goes to show you how personal to taste tone really is.

I actually wasn't aware of the third Rockerverb. Thanks for the info.
Yeah it's very rarely a middle ground. It's either KEMPER SUX AXE FX RULZ or THE AXE FX IS SO BAD, KEMPER 4EVA

Those who can't see both these devices as more than capable solutions for the average player probably shouldn't have their opinion hold much weight imo.

I also think validation for a purchase plays a huge part

@AnswerInfinity by stock settings, did you adjust the BMT on the fractal model or just fire up the default amp block? I know some profiles come with a PDF that detail the amp settings. It would be cool to set them the same if possible and compare that way

The first model of Rockerverb 50 from 2004 or so was the best. Of course, as its the most vintage. Also much better than Rockerverb 100 released at the same time. 😎

I think a bit more time with fingers on knobs might have led to a happier ending.

Hard to know without seeing the amp settings in more detail.

I don't quite understand the point of comparing two completely different technologies, especially since a different IR was obviously used, which in itself makes the sound completely different.

I don't quite understand the point of comparing two completely different technologies, especially since a different IR was obviously used, which in itself makes the sound completely different.
Says it’s the same IR, but to me they seem to be dialled in deliberately to sound different, or one was simply not dialled in at all. The EQ profile is so off that it just sounds like a different IR.

Agree, hard to see the point of this comparison. Comparing apples to apples is fair, but only if you polish both apples!

Really it's just that people on the channel seem to enjoy it. It's not the type of thing where I'm going to turn it into a multi-week setup, scientific experiment. I think anyone with some knowledge knows that you can dial the Axe FX in to sound like virtually anything and you can get fantastic profiles on the Kemper if your source matrial is good.

Back
Top Bottom