Optical Compressors - Resolved

cemusic

Inspired
I just went from 7.0 to 7.01 and updated AE.

What happened to the Opti Comps? They have Pedal Comp type edit pages now--no advanced parameters (Knee, Detect, etc).

Was this on purpose?

Last edited:
I just went from 7.0 to 7.01 and updated AE.

What happened to the Opti Comps? They have Pedal Comp type edit pages now--no advanced parameters (Knee, Detect, etc).

Was this on purpose?
Oh yeah, it's all messed up. The Pedal Comp pages and the Opti Comp pages (and effects, I'm pretty sure) are all the some thing--and also the Pedal comps have an Input Level Line/Inst selection.

I'm sure it will get sorted quickly! I just remembered what kind of weather they're having...

Last edited:
So I guess this is kind of a BUMP.

Everyone's been raving about the Optical Compressers all afternoon, and I was starting to dial some sounds as well.

Now, all of a sudden after 7.01 I think, the interface has completely changed and no one has said a thing about it, which makes me wonder if it's just me, here. It's not just in AE--the front panel is the same way.

Is there anyone out there who has used the Opticals today since 7.01 and either had, or not had the situation described above? At this point, help would be greatly appreciated, 'cause they're kind of unusable right now.

How about the studio comp, do those have the options you're looking for (knee, detect, etc). I haven't used the opti comps yet, but they might just have the same know options as pedal. AFAIK, only studio ever had the "advanced" options you mention. As for the input level line/inst select, it's in the Q7.0.1 release notes that that's a new feature, use inst if putting before amp, and line if using after.

?
I have 3.13.1 if that was the point.

OK, the Pedal types are supposed to have input levels now. That doesn't explain why earlier today the new Optical Comps had full advanced interfaces like the Studio type, and now their interfaces look like the Pedal types. I'm trying to figure out if everyone sees this or it's just here.

Thanks

The Optical Comps never had the same parameters as the Studio type. Axe-Edit wasn't updated yet so it was showing the wrong set of controls.

Did the pedal types always have "instrument" and "line" levels with no threshold (identical parameters as the new optical)? I don't think I ever used them, I always used Studio.

The Optical Comps never had the same parameters as the Studio type. Axe-Edit wasn't updated yet so it was showing the wrong set of controls.
So Actually, this is very cool, at least for me...
Just change the type (from pedal) to Optical, and with very little adjustment, it has a new and awesome character (caveat: haven't used it in a gig setting yet) which sounds great so far.

Seems to have more breakup though--may have to compensate.

Back
Top Bottom