Ooops

I really respect the mea culpa, Cliff, not that I noticed since I don't use the Rectos much. It doesn't surprise and just deepens my respect for you and the company.

I use gain at around 6.5.... If this is what a fubar Recto sounds like, the corrected version will kick my teeth in.

Ditto. This is where all the disagreement came from. I'm a "less is more" kind of gain guy. Usually with a TS up front to tighten. I bet there are lot of others doing this and to them, it probably sounded great.

To those that need to push the gain higher...well...

I don't know. I'm puzzled as to what happened so I'm just going to redo everything. I do know there was a capacitor in the Drive network that was off by 1000. If you use a lot of gain this will cause things to be very flubby.

I don't know, maybe trying to MIMIC about a million amps, get a new team together for a complete rewrite of AxeEdit, running the rest of the business as usual all while preparing for a new baby had something to do with it. :) Not making excuses for you, but I'm pretty sure that all of that stuff are factual events. Not to mention the stuff going on that we don't know about.

Just the fact that you roger up to something like that really says something about integrity, which you don't see a whole lot of anymore these days.

Love the integrity man! ;) that IS a hard thing to admit, but hey, everyone makes mistakes right?

I always say that a man who hasn't made mistakes is a man who hasn't tried!
or worse, is lying to you. Love the integrity and customer care ethos

Ditto. This is where all the disagreement came from. I'm a "less is more" kind of gain guy. Usually with a TS up front to tighten. I bet there are lot of others doing this and to them, it probably sounded great.

To those that need to push the gain higher...well...

I got around the fartiness in the low end by reducing the master. A small amount of Fet Boost in front helps tighten it up a bit more too.

...SKYNET? Yeah - that's the ticket!

The next version of AE should use the 'cloud' and incorporate access to AxeChange!

I found out what happened. I added a field to the model parameters some time after doing the Recto models. The field determines if a shelving filter has unity gain at 0 or infinity. I set the field wrong on the Rectos. This was causing way too much bass into the power amp simulation which would cause things to be muddy and flubby. I checked the other models and they're correct.

Also, while I was cleaning things up I misread .500e-3 as 500e-3. I always put a leading zero on things but for some reason didn't this time and therefore missed the decimal point.

Here's a mad suggestion! How about releasing new Recto models based on the new corrected values, and keeping the old 'wrong' ones? You could call it 'Cliffs Special Sauce Recto' or something...... :D

How about a mad-man "Random Shake" button that randomly mess up all the internal parameters and decimal point positions? The unexpected results could be a delicatessen exquisiteness for some players :lol

Reactions: yek
I always had to used an eq and a OD pedal when I had a Roadster Recto and a Dual Recto to make them sound good. The best recto I ever heard was a modified one be FJA mods.
It still sounded like a Recto but bigger and fatter!

I found out what happened. I added a field to the model parameters some time after doing the Recto models. The field determines if a shelving filter has unity gain at 0 or infinity. I set the field wrong on the Rectos. This was causing way too much bass into the power amp simulation which would cause things to be muddy and flubby. I checked the other models and they're correct.

Also, while I was cleaning things up I misread .500e-3 as 500e-3. I always put a leading zero on things but for some reason didn't this time and therefore missed the decimal point.

Ahhhh, so does that mean you won't have to put the Rectos thru the MIMIC process again?

http://www.hark.com/clips/kqzhmmqzvm-i-must-have-put-a-decimal-point

Reactions: yek
Back
Top Bottom