AFIII One Riff, 8 High Gain Amps

This video was an eye opener.
Now I see why dual rectos are so famous, it sounds nothing like the other amps here. There's such a distinct character to it.
I always saw them as fart beasts but now I understand what it's all about I guess.

Also the ENGL has some serious balls to it. Sounds like 3 guitars at the same time.

Awesome video Leon!

@2112 great video. Question for you though: how do decide? You've got to pick a tone for the track and you've got 8 stellar, but definitely different, options. What do you do to get past option paralysis and on to making the music?

I'm curious because option paralysis gets me more often than not! :D

This video was an eye opener.
Now I see why dual rectos are so famous, it sounds nothing like the other amps here. There's such a distinct character to it.
I always saw them as fart beasts but now I understand what it's all about I guess.

Also the ENGL has some serious balls to it. Sounds like 3 guitars at the same time.

Awesome video Leon!

Recto's do it nothing else hey. That ENGL surprised me too; I'll definitely be doing more with it.

@2112 great video. Question for you though: how do decide? You've got to pick a tone for the track and you've got 8 stellar, but definitely different, options. What do you do to get past option paralysis and on to making the music?

I'm curious because option paralysis gets me more often than not! :D

My mantra when writing and recording is "use the first thing that works" so I'd probably stick with whatever scene hats my head bobbing while I'm mixing.

Top three that cut through the mix for me were:
1. Atomica
2. IIC++
3. Dual Rec

Cool riff.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom