OMG9 Switching Issues

addedc

Experienced
I had some unexpected switching issues at rehearsal yesterday using OMG9. My presets are in the user bank, up around number 380. In Preset Mode if I tried to go bank right or left, the unit would skip the next set of presets and instead revert to around preset number 10. This made the mode unusable for more than one bank of presets. Also in either Scenes or Effects mode, a switch with a preset number was showing up out of place with the other five that were correct (happened fast so not exactly sure what it was). And on one occasion hitting a select switch on the FM3 resulted in a completely blank switches on both units. Rebooting fixed this.

Note that I did upgrade FM3 firmware to 1.4 but rolled back when I noticed the settings issues. (When I rolled back, the 3 or 4 presets that I had edited in version 4 using the editor disappeared). I installed OMG9 using a Windows 10 PC, following all supplied directions and disabling the FC Master Layout Switch Combo as recommended. I did edit Layout 3, the Effects switches, to replace effects on a few switches.

Has anyone experienced similar, have a solution or should I just reinstall?

OMG indeed! I ran into the same thing yesterday!

You need to set the wraparound (min/max) banks (can’t remember the right term).
Interesting because I had set that, but since reloaded my OMG9 layouts, and forgot to reset it. By default, I think it only goes bank 0-49 or something.
So my first practice with the GM3 yesterday was frustrating to say the least.

Did you change bank size to 6 before loading the layouts or after?
I did in the order of the instructions, so I changed bank to 6 first and then loaded the layouts. I am still having an issue even after changing the "wrap" parameter. (Incidentally that is very deep in the editing. Need to do on the unit and drill down into the Presets layout to see the options). I think I will just move my gig presets to be between 0 and 49. I only use about 10 anyway.

I did in the order of the instructions, so I changed bank to 6 first and then loaded the layouts. I am still having an issue even after changing the "wrap" parameter. (Incidentally that is very deep in the editing. Need to do on the unit and drill down into the Presets layout to see the options). I think I will just move my gig presets to be between 0 and 49. I only use about 10 anyway.
Click a footswitch in Edit and Wrap is right there.

Thanks. I found it a different way, in the menu. It works after I moved my presets below number 49. I think I am going to name them with bank numbers (e.g. 2.1 Fender Clean, 2.2 Fender Crunch... and 3.1 Mesa Clean, 3.2 Mesa Crunch...) to make navigation a little easier until I get used to it.

I loaded the OMG9 layout's and am using layout links to call up the effects layout after selecting a preset. No problem there. Now I want the middle switch on the FM3 to toggle between Scenes and Effects. I did it on my FC-12 with the AxeFx III. Can't seem to get it with the FM3/FC-6/OMG9 setup. Any ideas?

I loaded the OMG9 layout's and am using layout links to call up the effects layout after selecting a preset. No problem there. Now I want the middle switch on the FM3 to toggle between Scenes and Effects. I did it on my FC-12 with the AxeFx III. Can't seem to get it with the FM3/FC-6/OMG9 setup. Any ideas?
to "toggle" between Layouts what you're doing is just putting "the other" Layout on the current Layout. so on the effects layout, you'd put a switch for scenes, and on the scenes layout you'd put a switch for effects. it's not a true "toggle", it just happens to be the same switch for a similar command.

with the OMG9, on the FM3, that Layout isn't changing at all, and all 4 views of that Layout 8 happen to be the same. that's why it's not working the same. you'd have to coordinate the View changes among all 3 switches. so this might not work in the long run.

the reason the OMG9 works is because Layout 8 doesn't change and Layout Links are used to change the FC6 screen. it's pretty specific, so general techniques may not work here.

Back
Top Bottom