OMG 9 without FC-6: How to use the 3 switches by themselves

@scottp - Currently, the behavior you are reporting is not a bug, it is intended to be so by the developers.
Basically, the Preset in Bank value cannot be more than the bank size so when you switch to Size 3, the switches reset themselves to match. Unfortunately, when you reconnect the FC6 and go to size 6, your switches no longer show Presets 4, 5 and 6.
I have requested a modification which would allow the upper valued switches to retain their programming value regardless of bank size. We will see what comes back.

Reactions: Rex
By the way I found an error on one of my layouts.
Layout 4, Switch 7, Hold function should be Channel Toggle DRIVE 1, Not AMP 1
Revised layout 4 below:

Attachments

• FM3 Only - Layout 4.fclayout
    9.5 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: Rex
@scottp - Currently, the behavior you are reporting is not a bug, it is intended to be so by the developers.
Basically, the Preset in Bank value cannot be more than the bank size so when you switch to Size 3, the switches reset themselves to match. Unfortunately, when you reconnect the FC6 and go to size 6, your switches no longer show Presets 4, 5 and 6.
I have requested a modification which would allow the upper valued switches to retain their programming value regardless of bank size. We will see what comes back.

Thanks. So I'm not going crazy!

By the way I found an error on one of my layouts.
Layout 4, Switch 7, Hold function should be Channel Toggle DRIVE 1, Not AMP 1
Revised layout 4 below:

Do you think this layout should replace the one in the first post?
Thanks for the correction on this one.

@scottp - I "solved" it. I used an unused portion of a layout to create an additional preset layout which is accessible through the Bank+1 and Bank-1 switches.

Basically, leave the bank size at 6. In the preset section, the "Bank +1" is labeled as such but is really a layout change which shows the next three presets in bank. From there, if you press Bank +1 it really increases the bank number and sends you back to the original preset layout.

A bit hard to explain but easy to use. The only caveat is that if you select a preset in bank between 4 and 6 and then you go to change preset, you will be sent to the preset layout and won't see your preset unless you press and hold switch 3. Again, easier to try it than to explain it.

In any case, this should solve your (and my) issue. You can now use the FM3 alone or with an FC 6, changing only the initial layout, leave the bank size on 6.

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• OMG3 - BankSize 6.fclayout
    84.7 KB · Views: 152
@scottp - I "solved" it. I used an unused portion of a layout to create an additional preset layout which is accessible through the Bank+1 and Bank-1 switches.

Basically, leave the bank size at 6. In the preset section, the "Bank +1" is labeled as such but is really a layout change which shows the next three presets in bank. From there, if you press Bank +1 it really increases the bank number and sends you back to the original preset layout.

A bit hard to explain but easy to use. The only caveat is that if you select a preset in bank between 4 and 6 and then you go to change preset, you will be sent to the preset layout and won't see your preset unless you press and hold switch 3. Again, easier to try it than to explain it.

In any case, this should solve your (and my) issue. You can now use the FM3 alone or with an FC 6, changing only the initial layout, leave the bank size on 6.

Hope this helps!
Brilliant.

Oops I guess that would be a good way to start solving my issue.
I pretty much just clicked on the doc to open it but it said I had to find a program to open it.
Should I be opening it then trying to download? Or how to proceed?
Thank you in advance.

I ended up seeing I was trying to open the page 8 document. Went back to opening message and found the correct .pdf to open and bingo.
Thank you all. Love this Forum for all of the experience you folks share.

Hope this helps!
@Patzag I finally got a chance to start on this.
I did a fresh reload of the OMG9. That worked fine.
I then loaded the layouts 4,6 & 7 for the FM3 Only / Alone / OMG3. First there is confusion on what is what with the 3 names.
Are all those the same?
I am taking my time following the directions and restarting the FM3 after changes are made, disconnecting the FASlink cable while off.

The FM3 Only seems to work fine.

When going back to OMG9, on the Presets, I am still getting switches 3,4,5,6 all displaying the same preset name.
Can you assist?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom