Ok, it happened again

Hi

Maybe it is from the midiboard?

Can you record the mid signal from it to see if it sends out correct nujmbers?

Did you switch the midichannel on the AXE?

Hope you fix this.

AAEN

I have had the thing 2 or 3 times where, when using Axe-Edit and editing in the bank B regions, my FCB will send standard PCs and it will correspond to Bank B instead of Bank A. Press button 1 and go to preset 129.
Reboot or getting AE back to bank A or something like that has until now always fixed it. Don't know what causes it. Seems to be in the Axe. Or AE does something to the receive routing in the Axe? AE gets blamed for everything. Sort of feel sorry for it...

I've gone thru the LF Jr settings via the editor & manually via the menus. I know if you send a CC 0, you can switch banks, but it's happening only when I send a PC.

can't say I have too much experience in this area.. and I've never done it with the Axe

I have though done this in Cubase and Logic to control a Korg Triton [synth]

in that case I had to config bank and program together
[for that the preset in the DAW because they were essentially being sent together when you make a preset change]

I'd miagine that when you change preset via the MFC, both bank and program are sent

this being the case, I suspect that you'd have to set up the same on your controller..

it seems normal to me that the bank only changes when you send a preset change..

i think clarky is onto something here. I would guess that there is a setting in fcb regarding bank select should be transmitted at every program change or not. Have you done a reset on your fcb lately? Other things to be aware of, bank select is sent by cc so if you recently made a expression pedal setup you might have come across one of those cc during programming and by accident transmitted that as well. That could somewhat explain that you've needed to power cycle your board those times...

here's the gotchya - which done my head in for ages when I was trying to get bank change working from Cubase and Logic to my Korg

bank numbers for different manufacturers are formatted differently
you need to know the bank numbering scheme of the target device before you config the controlling device..

from the manual

16.15 Axe-Fx II Bank & Preset Numbers Table

Hey LAYGO, is this happening with just the foot controller connected or do you have it connected to axe edit via midi and a midi merger to keep your controller hooked up?

I ran into this same thing whenever I was using my midi solutions merger to keep the foot controller and axe edit going at the same time at practices. I liked to be able to tweak things on my laptop during practice. I would select a preset on my foot controller and suddenly the axe would jump to a completely different bank. It took a little bit to figure it out but once I did and I disconnected the merger and used the foot controller only I have not had any problems. I had even tried adding a cc to set the bank in the presets and it still did it with the merger hooked up. Apparently the merger was getting some corrupt data or something in it and it would just randomly change banks on a preset change.

It worked at the gig too no problem. Besides the whole event being a cluster fuck, we fucking killed it. I so didn't want to get up there & load gear in the rain at an outdoor event with next to no one having showed up, but once I got to actually moving gear & getting on stage, down beat . . . BAM! MAGIC. We had more people in front of us than any other band . . .

They were expecting 1000+ (what they had the previous year). When my drummers showed up, they made 136 & 137 on the tally. I guess about half were about band members.

Also, I got mud all over all my cables, pedal board, etc. Worked flawlessly. Props to LF/Mission for that! ;) Now to clean all that shit off . . .

Good that it worked.

Too bad about the lack of audience. It seems that people don't want to come to bands any more.
I heard of a festival I used to volunteer for is quitting. Biggest Christian festival in Europe. 10000 people used to go there. I was building the main stage 100ft wide, 40ft high. My year started and ended with that festival. My dream and goal with my band was to play on that stage one time. But when I ask my teenagers if they want to go, they go: "Meh."

And now the dream dies.

Dibs on that last line for a band name.

Back
Top Bottom