Ok....I'll start it......IPHONE 5?

I passed on the iOS 6 update. My jailbreak already gives me most of that functionality and more.

Just FYI for those of you that haven't tried jail breaking. It's free, completely reversible, and you can't brick your phone. It's win-win. So many cool apps for free that allow customization like an Android phone. Go to green poison website to get for free. Can't recommend it enough.

Yea, I think I'll jailbreak the 3GS this weekend before turning it over to the kids.

Updated my 4 to IOS 6 yesterday and I like the usability improvements a lot.
Small improvements but very handy in daily use.

New Maps app is detailed but no streetview alas.

Yeah, I hope that Google comes out with their map app soon.

Updated my 4 to IOS 6 yesterday and I like the usability improvements a lot.
Small improvements but very handy in daily use.

New Maps app is detailed but no streetview alas.

Played around with the 3D view on my iPad last night and it's cool, but not available for more than a few cities in Canada (Toronto and Vancouver AFAICT) so that limits its usefulness. The topographical satellite views were not as nice as in the previous map app, especially for my area (there are stripes of mixed data: some stripes from winter, some from summer, so the view looks rather hideous). The non-satellite view seemed comparable.

Yes I am working around it in Safari. I also since I posted installed tried and deleted the google app, it's not an iPad app it works but isn't the correct scale. If google releases an iPad version that would be better. Why Apple has to remove something without giving the user a choice ?

My coworker is not happy with the new mapping software that replaced Google maps.

The new map app is shite. I played around with it on the iPad and wasn't impressed. Definitely a step back. Needs to be corrected. Fast.

Just got my iPhone 5 earlier in the day. Felt a little weird at first but I'm sure I'll get used to it! whatever screen protector i managed to get today was utter crap though, didn't fit properly and I couldn't get one for the back.. Hopefully I can find another set soon! Any recommendations?

Yes I am working around it in Safari. I also since I posted installed tried and deleted the google app, it's not an iPad app it works but isn't the correct scale. If google releases an iPad version that would be better. Why Apple has to remove something without giving the user a choice ?

It's so Google can maintain the app on their own agenda instead of it being neglected and only getting minor updates along with iOS releases.

Anyway, try out this YouTube client. Looks nice and has an iPad version too.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jasmine-youtube-client/id554937050?mt=8

just brought my first iPhone last month - a iphone 4s, so far I'm happy with it! Best "smart" mobile phone I ever had....I use it mainly for making phone calls, but the photo camera is a very nice thing.

5? It's like it is with the axe-fx 2 - there is always something better on the market - i don't care ;)

It's so Google can maintain the app on their own agenda instead of it being neglected and only getting minor updates along with iOS releases.
That's not the reason and Apple did not develop their own map software for the benefit of Google.
Hmm... This is kind of hard to put in words without sounding bitter :) but here's how I see it:
Apple is afraid that Google is becoming a too important part of Apple's platform. So they have decided that it is more important that a product be developed by Apple than it being developed by someone else. What is best for the user is either secondary or they feel that what's best for Apple is also best for the user.
This is not new as Apple has blocked apps from the app store from day one if they think it might compete with an Apple product.

The hype around the i-phone I see on TV, where people stand in line for days, not to mention the ones who want to be first to get one, makes me wonder about their mental health. I guess it’s a pacifier substitute kind of thing. It’s kind of scary to see how some people’s lives literally revolve around such a little shit box full of technology, to a point where it becomes questionable as to whom is controlling what, the user the technology or the technology the user?

It’s kind of scary to see how some people’s lives literally revolve around such a little shit box full of technology, to a point where it becomes questionable as to whom is controlling what, the user the technology or the technology the user?
I actually get a sense of complete freedom with my iphone (4) ..... when the battery dies that is :)

Back
Top Bottom