Oh, my... The Goop!

I just don't understand this and maybe I never will frankly I don't care. People that want to waste their money on an amp like this is beyond me. Even if I had the money I still wouldn't buy it.

I just don't understand this and maybe I never will frankly I don't care. People that want to waste their money on an amp like this is beyond me. Even if I had the money I still wouldn't buy it.
It’s called supply and demand. It’s a simple formula. Also, now there’s history involved and they are now a collectible like never before. Having said that, I completely understand your sentiment. Wonder what it will actually sell for? Like you it is not something that has any effect on me because I will never have that sort of money. Having built what I believe is a good HRM clone, I can understand the $5000 to $10,000 that H.A. Dumble originally charged, especially considering the time he spent with the buyer to tweak them to a fine degree. At least that’s what I have read and heard from people like Steve Farris.

Why is there goop all around this one circuit board? Is it really for protecting Dumble‘s IP or is it to fix the electrolytic capacitors?

Back
Top Bottom